Can't wait to see Norv | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can't wait to see Norv

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know the biggest reason for our offensice woes last season was the injuries on the o-line. I think we could have still done alot better if Chan wasn't so horrible. If you really look at it I think he had more to do with the loss to the Jets in NY, and the 2nd Pats game than anyone. Our offesne looked as though they were playing with a high school playbook all season long. I can't wait to see if I am right with assement when Norv's offense hit the feild the September. I think when Norv takes the handcuffs off this team they will prove to be explosive. I also think our oline won't look as bad since the d won't know what play is comming before the ball is snapped. Am I wrong or did anyone else notice that it appeared the D was in our huddle 90% of the downs last year.

It's okay to be wide open, but not for a whole game. You really have to establish a running game and a lot of those runs come off basic off-tackle/line plunge type of plays. RW may move the pile so we may be able to afford to be more conservative at times.

it all starts with Ricky and the running game. If teams get locked into bringing the Ss up to stop him, then Jay and Norv will lots of targets to hit on the play-action pass. If Ricky cannot get the running game going (g-d forbid), then our O will be little better than last year: when Jay did become only the 2nd fin QB ever to throw for 3K yards.

It will be interesting to see.............

Originally posted by dolphan39
it all starts with Ricky and the running game. If teams get locked into bringing the Ss up to stop him, then Jay and Norv will lots of targets to hit on the play-action pass. If Ricky cannot get the running game going (g-d forbid), then our O will be little better than last year: when Jay did become only the 2nd fin QB ever to throw for 3K yards.

how much opposing defenses are going to stack 9 in the box, and bring the safeties up the take Ricky out of the equation. If this happens, then Jay will have single coverages on our wideouts and will be forced to take advantage.:confused:

Re: It will be interesting to see.............

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

how much opposing defenses are going to stack 9 in the box, and bring the safeties up the take Ricky out of the equation. If this happens, then Jay will have single coverages on our wideouts and will be forced to take advantage.:confused:
maybe 1 S but not 2. That is exactly what Ds did ag. us the beginning of last year. Chan changed the O at one point early in the 2001 so that Jay was supposed to count the men in the box and call a throw if there were 8 or more.

Jay drops back, throws a screen pass to Gadsen, Gadsen is tackled right away, one yard gain.

Damn, I hated Chan.

Wow. That got me fired up yet again. Jeez, this is the longest offseason in history.

I wasn't referring to Chan's pass-run ratio, but rather his inability to disguise plays thru formations, and motions, and his inability to be creative at all. He had horrible blocking schemes, the wrs ran horrible routes, and how many times did we see the same 5 plays all season out of the same formation. I just think that Norv will at the very leat give our offense a chance before they snap the ball, unlike Chan who must have given the opposition the playbook the night before.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I wasn't referring to Chan's pass-run ratio, but rather his inability to disguise plays thru formations, and motions, and his inability to be creative at all. He had horrible blocking schemes, the wrs ran horrible routes, and how many times did we see the same 5 plays all season out of the same formation. I just think that Norv will at the very leat give our offense a chance before they snap the ball, unlike Chan who must have given the opposition the playbook the night before.

I think when I was over at my parents and my mother started calling run/pass I think it was pretty obvious to me how easy it was to tell.

Thats what i am talking about! He used the same plays from the same formations in the same situation in week 12 that he used in week 2. A highschool coach with high school resources(not players) could have game planned against our offense, forget about every defensive cordinator in the NFL. In Dallas and Pittsburgh he got away with his stlye because he had the personal that could still blow the defesne off the ball if they knew what was comming or not, but it doesn't work when you don't have hall of famers on the oline and at RB.

I just rewathced the first Colt game to get some evidence to back up my claim against Chan, and boy was it there. Besides the obvious Ray Lucas fiasco on the goal line, there was plenty to choose from. At one point in the game in Indy's side of the feild he decided to run the same exact play on 2nd and 1 as well as on 3rd and 1. Both times we got stopped and settled for a FG. He also lined up with a 2wr 2 te set(te's on the strong side) with the RB 7 yards behind the line, about 10 times through out the game. Out of the that formation he ran the same play, HB gut 8 times, the 9th time he had Minor go off tackle(bold move Chan) and did pass once. I could see doing this if it was working and he just went to the well 1 or 2 many times, but not once did it pick up more than 3 yards, about 6 of them were stopped for no gain or a loss. On the other end of the spectrum he called a running play that worked for a 50+ yard run, HB sweep strong side. That was the only time he ran it all game long. Does anyone need a rocket sceintist to see the problem here? OK i am better now, I am so glad to see Norv in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom