CAP HITS TO 4 players killing the PHINS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CAP HITS TO 4 players killing the PHINS

thank you tons MD i hope you are right about only half the salary when on IR and now Searcy is not out the year and weaver was way off on his self evaluation..

but i sure would like to win now so we can start building again through the draft..

i am the biggest baby on this board and probably the oldest at 41 who still acts like a kid when it comes to the dolphins. I grew up watching Csonka plow over people play after play and i have been a loyal (but Whining ) fan ever since.

my wife of 9 years thinks i am nuts ... i have sunday ticket and an old satellite to find the games on a satellite feed so i don't miss any preseason games from the mountains of NC ......

ignore my ass when i whine and rip me an @sshole as well please...................

miami 23- detroit 10

I read an article...(which aren't always correct)...and it says that all of the salary counts against cap.

I hope it's wrong but that's what i read.

that is what i think ........and that means they wasted money on Mayes the day he was 50 pounds over weight and they didn't just cut him . and i know why. they didn't realize a fourth rounder would start at tight end.

brent was unlucky my bad for whining. searcy is unlucky too but i do wish we had more youth as back ups instead of veteran salaries and i wish they had cut smith and mayes before they got injured and we would have had 750,000 to a $1 million in cap space to pick up 2 players to take their place.. they must both make at least 500,000 each ........

we could have used that money to get:

a solid DB and a linebacker or a back up offensive lineman.

instead we eat both their salaries and get nothing .......

Zsonka, I don't want to beat this into the ground but I'll respond again. Every team in the league has injuries and players put on IR, that's just the way it is...if you look at things we've been very lucky with injuries and haven't sustained any injuries that can be called major.

We still have 3.5 mil in cap room, we are scouring the wire and looking for trades to improve the team.

Our GM has done nothing but make us a stronger team and I believe he'll do the same for us now, lay back, take a valium and watch the Phins win in "02 baby!

Back
Top Bottom