cap space?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cap space??

law wants the money. at his age of 31, i dont see us offering what he wants. let him go to the lions. we will groom whoever we have as teh 2nd cornerback.

Nublar7 said:
The five teams looking at Law have this much cap room:

Dolphins- $6.6 million
Lions- $3.48 million
Steelers- $2.09 million
Jets- $1.1 million
Colts- $6.3 million

NOW, lets take a look at these team's Rookie Pools:

Dolphins- $4.6 million
Lions- $3.6 million
Steelers- $3.3 million
Jets- $2.9 million
Colts- $3.6 million

Now lets say each team uses ALL of their Rookie Pool(which they probably won't), this is how much each team would have left to sign FAs(Aka Law):

Dolphins- $2.0 million
Lions- -$0.12 million(they would need to cut someone just to sign Rookies)
Steelers- -$1.21 million(they would need to cut someone just to sign Rookies)
Jets- -$1.8 million(they would need to cut someone just to sign Rookies)
Colts- $2.7 million

So, the Colts would actually be in the best cap shape, however they don't seem to have an overwhelming interest in Law.

nub....once again you are on top of things nicely done

Also don't forget we get to pay our players less cause of the benifits of living in florida. We don' have a state tax so your takehome pay is automatically 5-18% larger then states that have it. So for example a 90K job here is like 100K somewhere else(not exact but you get the point).

Man I love tourists!!!! Keep visiting and spending your money so i don't haveto pay that state tax!!!

awing_pilot said:
Also don't forget we get to pay our players less cause of the benifits of living in florida. We don' have a state tax so your takehome pay is automatically 5-18% larger then states that have it. So for example a 90K job here is like 100K somewhere else(not exact but you get the point).

Man I love tourists!!!! Keep visiting and spending your money so i don't haveto pay that state tax!!!

That's always been a big bonus to play in Florida. It helps the sports teams quite a bit.

I'm sure that Miami still needs to make some more room though cap wise. Let's see if Timbo plays or retires, possibly cut D. Bowens, and definitely cut Zgonina to give us enough room to sign Traylor. If we sign Law I could see Howard gone after June 1st.

The lowest risk plan would be signing Lance Schulters to a 3 year deal, Keith Traylor to a 2 year deal, and David Boston to a one year deal.

I think Nub sold his soul to the devil to get all the information he gets, thanks nub for the update, oh and tell satan i said hello!

byroan said:
Last I heard we have more cap space than anyone looking at Law.
i've heard that you guys can't afford law but the lions have the best chance of paying him more... and therefore, getting him.

HysterikiLL said:
I don't think the Colts are too interested in spending big bucks on a corner anymore. They drafted....Fabian Washington??? and Nick Harper showed potential. They have a solid defensive back field in the making.

I really hope we get Law. I think all you guys who are against this forgets how much he could have helped in situations last season -- and now we don't have Surtain!
fabian washington is nothing but fast... his coverage skills were well below par.

General Grimmac said:
i guess i heard wrong. how do you get all that info nub?
You can go to ESPN to get the current cap numbers, and they also have the allocated rookie pools. From there it's just common sense and Elementery math.

Nub is just on top of it all.

Pigskin Pimp said:
You can go to ESPN to get the current cap numbers, and they also have the allocated rookie pools. From there it's just common sense and Elementery math.

Nub is just on top of it all.
you know how often they are wrong? they said the chiefs wouldn't have the cap to get surtain or hardly anyone else. the rookie allotments are correct, but they're cap numbers are not right very often.

jason_taylor said:
dose anyone know our cap space and detroits cap space :confused:

I think you can fit many more caps (whether it be football caps or bottle caps) in Miami then you can in Detroit!

Back
Top Bottom