cap space | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cap space

jason_taylor said:
dose anyone know how much we have as of right now???

according to thefinforum we are about 8.6 mill under. Thats probably an estimate though because there are a number of bonuses that are undisclosed, and of course we still have rookies to sign. Still, I think its pretty close. That page is maintained by the same guy that does Finheaven's cap page, but its more up to date. The date on thefinforum's page is 6-24 and it does include Q. Williams release.

yankeehillbilly said:
according to thefinforum we are about 8.6 mill under. Thats probably an estimate though because there are a number of bonuses that are undisclosed, and of course we still have rookies to sign. Still, I think its pretty close. That page is maintained by the same guy that does Finheaven's cap page, but its more up to date. The date on thefinforum's page is 6-24 and it does include Q. Williams release.

thanks 4 the info

dolfan_101 said:
So when will we sign rookies???

As soon as they agree to the contracts offered to them. A few of the rookies, such as Kay-Jay Harris, have already signed. The bigger salary guys have not (ronnie brown, matt roth, travis daniels, channing crowder)
Regardless of who has or hasnt signed yet, the most that the Dolphins can spend (salary cap wise) on its rookies is 4.6million. So, if the Phins use the max for the rookies, we are still over 4mill under the cap.

yankeehillbilly said:

I figure it is around $2 million too high. Team Salary is around 6.7 million under the Salary Cap.

I created this Salary Cap Chart about 3 years ago because only certain posters had salary information. That was Clumpy and Aqua. My Chart was new to the salary cap community because I used a position style and round to the nearest thousand. Rounding to the nearest thousand is following CBA rules. At the time and you still see it done the other way the players are listed alphabetically.

I do not maintain the Finheaven Salary Cap Chart. Clumpy does the chart and Muck maintains the page. If you look at the bottom of each page the names are listed. I just recently listed both my internet alias and name because my work was stolen and some did not seem to realize it was my work.

Do not misunderstand, the information is meant to be used and/or quoted. When the information is presented somewhere else and claimed as their own work, that is stealing.

This is my Chart:
http://www.thefinforum.com/SiteContent/Content/DolphinsSalaryCap.htm
http://www.thefinforum.com/Columnists/CapCorner/default.aspx

Finheaven's Chart:
http://www.finheaven.com/seasonal/salaries.php

Clumpy said:
Thanks for handling this Merman :up:

Good to see you around. I haven't seen you post for a while so I put these two smilies in one of my posts that was giving you some credit thinking you would noticed but you didn't. :lol:

:couch: :rasp:

I've been busy with union negotiations. We just reached a tentative 3 yr deal with the hospital. Now we vote :up:

I've just not had the attention span for cap stuff because it's so slow this time of year with respect to the NFL :(

Now that negotiations are done, I will have a lot more time :rasp:

yankeehillbilly said:

speaking of signing rookies, has anyone heard anything of ronnie browns contract and how much he'll be getting???

Wow......according to the chart in that link, Reggie Howard is the 5th highest paid Dolphin. :shakeno:

The Chart does not tell you he is the fifth highest paid Dolphin. It tells you that his charge to Team Salary (cap charge) right now is the fifth higest.

Reggie Howard's cap charge would have been $1 million less if the $1.25 million roster bonus would have been guaranteed. A roster bonus that large in the second year of a contract is considered part of the upfront money even if not guaranteed.

Trading Surtain made it possible to charge the whole amount this year.

is that counting ricky williams money or do they have to work out a new deal that will effect that cap number?

noname said:
is that counting ricky williams money or do they have to work out a new deal that will effect that cap number?

If you look at the running backs on the chart Ricky Williams is not listed. Next month when Ricky is reinstated and his contract becomes active again his salary will be charged to Team Salary.

Right now the Dolphins think Ricky's base salary is the minimum, $540k, per the terms of his contract though he was due to make $3.735 million before his retirement. Whether the salary issue will be negotiated or end in arbitration is anyone's guess.

Back
Top Bottom