Cardinals' Green names Warner starter at QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cardinals' Green names Warner starter at QB

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Kurt Warner is the Arizona Cardinals' new starting quarterback.

Cardinals coach Dennis Green confirmed Wednesday what had been believed since Warner signed a one-year, $4 million contract with the team in early March. Warner, who will turn 34 next month, has said he expected to start, but Green had stated the former Super Bowl MVP would have to compete with Josh McCown for the job.

Warner, the NFL MVP in 1999 and 2001, led the St. Louis Rams to the Super Bowl after each of those seasons. He was chosen the game's MVP when St. Louis beat Tennessee in the first game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/05/25/bc.fbn.cardinals.warner.ap/index.html

wow..before camp starts? ....feel bad for mccown..tho he will be starting by week 5

I'm not that surprised that Kurt Warner was named the starter, I'm just really surprised that he was named the starter BEFORE Training Camp has even started. DAMN! Cards we're doing pretty good (W% wize) with Josh McCown last year and had a shot at divsion until Green benched the morning before a game without giving a reason publically. Wow.

painnotpleasure said:
I'm not that surprised that Kurt Warner was named the starter, I'm just really surprised that he was named the starter BEFORE Training Camp has even started. DAMN! Cards we're doing pretty good (W% wize) with Cade McCown last year and had a shot at divsion until Green benched the morning before a game without giving a reason publically. Wow.

Actually their QB is Josh McCown not Cade McNown.

I dont really understand this at all. McCown did a great job in MiniCamp and it really seemed like he will be starting. McCown should of atleast be starting in TC to see if he still does what he did in MiniCamp.

Back
Top Bottom