Cards might not Draft a QB after all | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cards might not Draft a QB after all

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Cardinals | Starting negotiations with Warner on new deal
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:20:53 -0800
Adam Schefter, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL Network, reports the Arizona Cardinals have started contract extension negotiations with QB Kurt Warner, who is slated to become an unrestricted free agent when the season is complete.

I apologize and now this isnt Dolphin news but maybe the Cardinals dont want to Draft a QB maybe they just want a RB and to fic their O-line this could make CUtler Slide Down....

Nick13 said:
Keep in mind Warner is an older guy who they might want to keep around to groom a young QB.

Yes but they might not go QB in round 1 due to Warners extension, and find someone later that is capable of becoming a starter but needs grooming.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Yes but they might not go QB in round 1 due to Warners extension, and find someone later that is capable of becoming a starter but needs grooming.

Exactly, I think they have bigger needs at the moment.

I can't help but wonder about McCown though. He and Warner are pretty good christian friends network type buddies. If they want to keep both around for a while it may mean Denny thinks he can succeed with current cast and crew and that consistency from year to year in the system and having the QBs getting acclimated to it for 3 years is more valuable to Denny than upgrading.

Would basically mean they go OL or RB in round 1.

I doubt they would extend that contract more than 2-3 years, so they are more than likely going to draft a QB at the first round. I hope they get Cutler.

Vertical Limit said:
I doubt they would extend that contract more than 2-3 years, so they are more than likely going to draft a QB at the first round. I hope they get Cutler.

:confused: Why?

I think we only have to worry about Detroit and Oakland.Martz might want to give Harrington another chance and Oakland has Adrew WAlter and he is one big QB at 6-5

ckparrothead said:
I can't help but wonder about McCown though. He and Warner are pretty good christian friends network type buddies. If they want to keep both around for a while it may mean Denny thinks he can succeed with current cast and crew and that consistency from year to year in the system and having the QBs getting acclimated to it for 3 years is more valuable to Denny than upgrading.

Right. It will be interesting to see if they keep McCown. If so I can't see any way they go QB in round 1.

FinAtic8480 said:
I think we only have to worry about Detroit and Oakland.Martz might want to give Harrington another chance and Oakland has Adrew WAlter and he is one big QB at 6-5

I worry about baltimore as well.

Would Ricky and a swap of #1s be a fair trade. It would help both teams(if the FO wants Cutler/and he is there) I'm talking ARI

Vertical Limit said:

I know what are you trying to do! :lol:

b_hjelmeland123 said:
I worry about baltimore as well.
I doubt it. If Billick got fired then maybe, but Boller came on at the end of the year and they have said they want to bring in a vet to push Boller. Kerry Collins name has been mentioned. I think Billick isn't ready to give up on Boller just yet.

This is what it will all boil down to..

These teams in the top 10 with shaky QB situations are going to have to ask themselves, "Is Jay Cutler better, beyond a shadow of a doubt, than the QBs we currently have on our roster?" Is Cutler head and shoulders above Joey Harrington or Josh McCown?

At this point, I dont think you can say that he is. And when there are players on the board at other positions of need, that you CAN say that about, you take those players. This is the reason Rodgers fell the way he did.

ckparrothead said:

Denny might be too impatient to go thru grooming a rookie again, after just going thru that with Culpepper in his last stint.

Back
Top Bottom