Cards not taking a QB in the first 3 rounds......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cards not taking a QB in the first 3 rounds.........

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Cardinals | Avoiding QBs Early? - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:15:41 -0800

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green said the odds of the Cardinals taking a quarterback in the first three rounds of April's NFL Draft are slim. If this holds true to form, it means the Cardinals will not have a Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger and QB Josh McCown, who was previously named the team's starter by Green, will receive a real chance at being the team's long-term quarterback. Green, however, would not completely rule out taking a QB in the first round but emphasized that McCown is entrenched as the starter.

Maybe We will have a decent shot at Rivers after all.

Dennis Green doesn't normally blow smoke like that, although he did when he drafted Michael Bennett. He also stated that Larry Fitzgerald was the best player in the country. If they could get a decent QB with Boldin and Fitzgerald, that could become a deadly offensive team in the next few years.

Originally posted by chambers84
Dennis Green doesn't normally blow smoke like that, although he did when he drafted Michael Bennett. He also stated that Larry Fitzgerald was the best player in the country. If they could get a decent QB with Boldin and Fitzgerald, that could become a deadly offensive team in the next few years.

I doubt they will spent a pick on another WR considering they have alot talented young player plus your forgetting about Bryant Johnson.

Originally posted by minus

I doubt they will spent a pick on another WR considering they have alot talented young player plus your forgetting about Bryant Johnson.

It's a known fact that D Green COVETS Fitzgerald. He compares him to Moss. He is also a friend of the family. Larry Sr. and Dennis are great friends. The Cardinals would be almost guaranteed to nab Fitzgerald if he's still there at #3.

Actually, the implication is that Arizona will trade down. If they don't want a QB or receiver, than it makes no sense to reach for a guy that high in the draft.

Originally posted by unclemonty

It's a known fact that D Green COVETS Fitzgerald. He compares him to Moss. He is also a friend of the family. Larry Sr. and Dennis are great friends. The Cardinals would be almost guaranteed to nab Fitzgerald if he's still there at #3.

He could love Fitzgerald but no way he waste a pick on WR.

Originally posted by chambers84

They still need a ligit running back.

He could love Fitzgerald but no way he waste a pick on WR.

No matter who you are, If you draft Larry, you are not waisting a pick.

I want whatever Dennis Green and his coaching staff is smoking! WHO is going to the QB? Blake? McCown?

Originally posted by mutiny85
I want whatever Dennis Green and his coaching staff is smoking! WHO is going to the QB? Blake? McCown?

Blake has already been cut. McCown is the starter as of right now. I think it's a good move by Green. McCown had solid numbers in the 2 or 3 games he started at the end of the season. They are a team with so many needs, and still yet they were competetive in most games this year. If they address some other needs on Defense, they could make a turnaround real quick. I look for them to draft Shawn Taylor.

Lets get a 1st for Wally and trade both to AZ for their pick. If both AZ and SD hold to their word (who knows if they will) we would have either Eli or Ben. I like Eli but Ben is a stud too. Lets stop the Rivers, Henson, Ramsey BS and get ELI!!!!

I thing taking Fitzgerald would be awesome. Imaging Bolding and Fitzgerald as WR's. Scary. But they do need a better QB to get them the ball.

Back
Top Bottom