Carey is Dolphins' nominee for NFL Man of the Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carey is Dolphins' nominee for NFL Man of the Year

Kadiddlehopper

Charter Member of the Dolphin's Fan Club
Reaction score
Carey is Dolphins' nominee for NFL Man of the Year

By Harvey Fialkov |South Florida Sun-Sentinel6:24 PM EST, November 18, 2008 DAVIE - When Dolphins tackle Vernon Carey was asked to report to the auditorium at team headquarters on his day off Tuesday, he was nervous. He wasn't expecting to get cut, but he was hoping that the meeting would have something to do with extending his contract, which expires at the end of the season.

It wasn't until coach Tony Sparano grabbed a microphone and introduced Carey as the Dolphins' nominee for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award that the Miami native knew what was going on.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-1118carey,0,1128257.story

Cool, that's great to hear.

I really hope that we extend his contract. He has proven that he is a great player. I think he's just trying too hard to impress the FO this year.

Cool, that's great to hear.

I really hope that we extend his contract. He has proven that he is a great player. I think he's just trying too hard to impress the FO this year.

I agree the guy has been a stud and a team player moving to what ever position the different coaching staffs have ask him to. He is having a down year this year but i think its because of two things. 1) its a contract year and i think he is trying too hard to make a good impression to be resigned and isnt just playing the game. 2) the revolving door at RG, when you have a new guy next to you every couple of weeks it makes it hard.

i know he wants to resign here... he grew up here, went to the U, former first round pick that isnt a bust...
and he was a long time phin fan, he really needs to step up his game for us to resign him... but he's a solid RT and we need our Oline to be around for a while so we can become one of the NFL's best. Great oline = superbowl TRIPS!!

good to see he spends money on charity... unlike ernest wilford, spending all his money on a phat mercedes that he doesnt deserve.. he should give his money to camarillo who makes league minimum

He's been really inconsistent of late and needs to pick it up to get the deal he thinks he's worth. No doubting his talent but he should be excelling this year, even by his own admission when he said moving back to RT is perfect for him because "thats my dominant position".

I think he's a pretty good RT and will be around for another half decade.

Back
Top Bottom