Votes: 83 74.1%
  • Damion McIntosh

Votes: 29 25.9%

• Total voters
dolfreak said:
I don't want either....How about this guy at LT:

clear.gif
How about Peter?

i could care less as long as the best man wins the job. i guess the carey fans are cane homers as well

MelbournePhin said:
i could care less as long as the best man wins the job. i guess the carey fans are cane homers as well
I'm not a Cane fan I like the Trojans...I like how the players from the U have done in the past and had much success the past few years...I just want to see Carey do the same for us...be a LT beast and show he is worth the 1st round pick. GO CAREY!

ChambersNBoston said:
I'm not a Cane fan I like the Trojans...I like how the players from the U have done in the past and had much success the past few years...I just want to see Carey do the same for us...be a LT beast and show he is worth the 1st round pick. GO CAREY!

when was the last time that he showed that he was a beast at LT? (btw, im not trying to bust balls here )

While I think Carey has more talent, I think Carey should be the RG and McIntosh is our one year stopgap at LT until next year's first takes over.

Carey does not have the lateral agility to play LT in this league. Also, Carey was a much better RG in college even than a RT. If he couldn't dominate the college level at RT, how's he going to be good at LT in the pro's?

I would perfer to have Carey over McIntosh right now.

Carey has more talent and skills then what Mc has.

It all depends. The way I really want the starting o-line to look is like this:
LT-D-Mac
LG-James
C-Hadnot
RG-Carey
RT-McDougle

Since McKinney will probably start at center, I would love for Carey to play LT. I'm just not sure if he can handle it. We'll have to see how he does when the pads go on.

I wanna see carey play under houck wherever he wants :D
the perfect line to me was said here, with hadnot at center, with Mcintosh at LT and Carey at RG..though i think it will probably be with vernon at LT

Vernon Carey because we used a good pick on him so lets see wat hes really worth

500 post!

LT: Vernon Carey
LG: Jeno James
C: Seth McKinney
RG: Rex Hadnott (Can't lie, I'm REALLY excited about this guy)
RT: Stockar McDougle

There!

ChambersNBoston said:
Houck seemed to like Carey and I say he has the slight advantage over D-Mac because of all the potential there...

Don't forget that Houck coached D-Mac 2 years ago and was, apparently, willing to say bye-bye to the man. D-Mac was cheap enough that the Chargers could have afforded him.

And to everyone who wants Carey to play RG, I think y'all are parrots. You don't watch the dude in practice everyday and you don't coach OL in the NFL. Let the pros figure it out. All it takes is one phin-heaven jihadi saying, "his size and stupidity make Carey a perfect fit for RG" and y'all are saying the same thing. What you forget is that this idea comes directly from Tony Wise.

agree

PhinsTD said:
While I think Carey has more talent, I think Carey should be the RG and McIntosh is our one year stopgap at LT until next year's first takes over.

Carey does not have the lateral agility to play LT in this league. Also, Carey was a much better RG in college even than a RT. If he couldn't dominate the college level at RT, how's he going to be good at LT in the pro's?

Carey should get the start in 2005 but not at LT. He should start at guard, like you said. Possible trade or draft next year may produce LT for Fins and D-mac will be better than last year.:evil: :evil: :evil:

I have a couple more thoughts that are worth as much as you paid for them.

With Houck saying the other day that Wade Smith is only suited for C in the NFL, I think that he is as good as cut unless he shows that he can displace McKinney. Houck keeps emphasizing versatility, so what good does Smith do then, especially with Hadnot and St.Clair able to play center?

Also, if Carey and Hadnot start on the OL and either Pope or Bua contribute significantly on defense, what will the Spielman haters think? I'm not saying I want the guy back... out with the old, in with the new. But, you would have to classify the '04 draft class as a success.

Back
Top Bottom