Carey or Mcintosh, who starts at Left Tackle? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carey or Mcintosh, who starts at Left Tackle?

FanMarino said:
Im shocked at McKinney being quoted at still starting. Wade may come back and prove he had a blip last season.

Hawk said that Wade is at already at the position that he'll do best. So no more Wade at center threads!!!! Wade will back a good backup this season. He'll be able to play at any position, if needed. And as for who starts at LT...I say D-Mac. Training camp will do him some good. He'll be ready.

Its gonna be Mccintosh starting and he will get hurt at some point and Carey will then start his true career at LT at that point to never relinquish it again.

I'm still rooting for McIntosh at LT and Carey at RG and Hadnot at C. As of now that isn't going to be our lineup, but after Training Camp and playing some preseason games... I don't think that, that would be out of the question. The way I look at it, I would much rather have Vernon Carey in the starting lineup over Damion McIntosh, but I would much rather have D-Mac start at LT.

painnotpleasure said:
I'm still rooting for McIntosh at LT and Carey at RG and Hadnot at C. As of now that isn't going to be our lineup, but after Training Camp and playing some preseason games... I don't think that, that would be out of the question. The way I look at it, I would much rather have Vernon Carey in the starting lineup over Damion McIntosh, but I would much rather have D-Mac start at LT.

I was thinking the same thing. With Hadnot at center, we could have Carey in the lineup and McKinney out.

LAphinfan said:
I was thinking the same thing. With Hadnot at center, we could have Carey in the lineup and McKinney out.
Yup. I'm thinking:

LT- Damion McIntosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot
RG- Vernoney Carey
RT- Stockar McDougle

I still haven't given up on that lineup of happening by the end of Training Camp or Preseason but the reality is that Houck made it clear that thus far it's:

LT- Vernon Carey/Damion McIntosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Seth McKinney
RG- Rex Hadnot
RT- Stockar McDougle

Everyone is saying that maybe Houck can bring Carey along at LT(probably the toughest position along the line, and a position he doesnt have alot of experience at), but wouldnt it be more realistic that Houck can get McKinney to improve at center? A position he has experience in...Houck in 2002 had undrafted Jason Ball start 13 games as a rookie, and had 3rd round rookie Hardwick start 14 games for the chargers last year. Houck seemed to have alot of good luck with the center position, which may come from the fact that he played center in college for the Trojans. With Houck around i think the center position is the least of our worries.

i'll be fine with whoever Houck puts out there. I have faith in this guys pedigree and will trust who he says is the best player... personally, I think it will be McIntosh though, a full offseason and training camp this year will give him an edge I think.

painnotpleasure said:
That's what I envisioned when I started the thread but I was curious to see if anyone else thought Carey could play right guard! If he's not quick enough to plat the outside why wouldn't we use him inside?:confused:

Gofish1331 said:
That's what I envisioned when I started the thread but I was curious to see if anyone else thought Carey could play right guard! If he's not quick enough to plat the outside why wouldn't we use him inside?:confused:

Not being quick enough is just NOT an excuse for professional athletes. If hes not quick enough, he'll sit on the bench the rest of his career until he proves he IS quick enough.

Back
Top Bottom