Carroll said Sunday that Matt Flynn and Tarvaris Jackson will compete for starting QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carroll said Sunday that Matt Flynn and Tarvaris Jackson will compete for starting QB

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Tarvaris Jackson - QB - Seahawks
Coach Pete Carroll said Sunday that Matt Flynn and Tarvaris Jackson will compete for the Seahawks' quarterback job in training camp.
Carroll emphasizes "competition" at every position, but there's little doubt that Flynn will enter camp as the favorite to win the job. Jackson has settled in as a backup-caliber quarterback, and the Seahawks are paying Flynn in excess of $6 million per year. Jackson's 2012 base salary is $4 million, none of it guaranteed. If Flynn outplays Jackson by a large margin in camp, a pink slip for T-Jack would save Seattle quite a bit of cap space.
Source: Pat Kirwan on Twitter Mar 18 - 9:10 PM

Flynn obviously feels he can beat Jackson out, and he will.

I would say Ireland has a bad reputation around the league and it's getting worse. Pretty soon we'll have to overpay for free agents if we want to keep them or we're going to have to draft a lot better than we have. I'm also worried about the rumors that Jake Long wants to test free agency next year and I wonder if that's because he can't stand Jeff Ireland either.

Back
Top Bottom