Carter signing looking bleak | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carter signing looking bleak

Dolfan984

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dolphins | Carter Talks Off - For Now - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
22:18 PT: The Star Tribune reports talks between the Miami Dolphins and free agent WR Cris Carter (Vikings) have reached an impasse. Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that talks between Carter and the team have broken off. The Dolphins apparently will not meet his asking price of about $1.5 million per season. "Things have kind of cooled off a little bit," Wannstedt told the Sun-Sentinel. "There are always a lot of factors involved in this on both sides. Has our opinion on Cris changed? No. But as of this point, both sides haven't been able to feel good about where they're at."

Good. I want nothing to do with him.

He's probably gonna do that "my way or the highway" stuff with every team he trys out for, and he's either gonna break down or go to a team that's so desperate that they'll do whatever he wants as far a contract negotiations.:cool: He is an excellent receiver though.

I think he is kind of painting himself into a corner.
He keeps turning every team that he has anything to do with off.
Why would anyone sign him now for what he is asking?
Just wait it out a little, when it gets closer to training camp, and he gets desperate to get a job, and his asking price will suddenly go down.

Personally, It doesnt really matter that talks broke off because eventually, talks will resume.

Carter really has no other team to go to. Once after the draft, and a little later, and once Carter finds out he didnt get the HBO job, he will be willing to come to Miami for the vet. minimum.

He says he wants to be on a contending team, yet he cancelled his trip with the Rams to be on the ****in Browns. And he wont take the minimum from us. Obviously, all he wants is money, and if we dont sign him, then I will be happy as well, because that opens up some money for Terrence Wilkins or a receiver like that.

Originally posted by scotgif
I think he is kind of painting himself into a corner.
He keeps turning every team that he has anything to do with off.
Why would anyone sign him now for what he is asking?
Just wait it out a little, when it gets closer to training camp, and he gets desperate to get a job, and his asking price will suddenly go down.

Who wants a disgruntled player who wasn't able to get his salary demands met and HAD to drop his price? Especially CC.
I know Marion turned out alright last year but he is a completely different human being.
When all this first started, I was in favor of signing CC because I assumed that winning would keep him in check. Now I just wish he would go away. He's shown more selfishness in the last month than he showed last season! He needs to go somewhere and rot.

THERE IS NO RUSH TO SIGN HIM...

The Dolphins realize that there is no rush at all....to sign Chris Carter at this time. Plus.....they also realize that there will be some younger recievers around the league...who are soon to be cut....and can also be had for just about the same dollars....as CARTER. Why would they sign up CARTER right now....if they really can get a much younger reciever....like a KEENAN MCCARDELL....or a DERRICK ALEXANDER...if they soon become cap casualties?

Do you want to sign a guy for maybe just this season...before the retires into broadcasting? Or would the Dolphins rather get a guy....who is still in their late 20's....who may be here for a longer run? I think that is exactly what Wann-Spiel are thinking right now..

I think the longer CARTER holds out on becoming a DOLPHIN....the lights get a little dimmer each day...

The focus should be on TERRANCE WILKENS....if they can get somewhere around the same ballpark..in terms of money.

DCH

This is the best news that I've heard since the RW trade!!! :D Even better than the fact that he won't be playing for my favorite team is the fact that I don't watch HBO and therefore, won't have to see his face or listen to his moronic comments on a weekly basis during the season. :jumper:

The farther away from the Dolphins he is, the better off they are. :jumper: Let's hope McCardell will be willing to take a lower salary to make his way over to this year's Super Bowl Champs. ;)

i think carter would be a huge benifit to the miami dolphin team...if their gonna win super bowl..its gonna be in the next couple of seasons cuz our D is gettin old...(we all know that carter is only gonna play one or two seasons) I feel that if we get Carter we will have one of the most explosive offenses in the AFC

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I would like to see Alexander in teal, we know he will be released in June.

But there's a reason he's being released. Vermeil has said publicly that he's frustrated with the guy. That's why he's so eager to cut ties with him.

"He could be replaced by somebody better," Vermeil said. "He has a way of working that can irritate you, or not working. He's developed bad habits on the practice field."

And let it be known that Alexander was initially one of the main reasons why Vermeil joined the Chiefs.....before he bacame a lazy, injured player.

Back
Top Bottom