Carter's best game this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carter's best game this year

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
I am surprised I haven't seen anyone bring this up. Cris Carter will play against the Vikings this year. Anyone else get a feeling that he will want to try and show up his old team and even moreso Randy Moss? I am not a fan of Carter but it could be interesting to see how he does against the team he had the most success with. It would be fitting for him to catch a few red zones td's imo.

It's a Saturday game...

... December 21st @ 1:30 PM EST on CBS TV.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Samphin
When is the Vikings game?

Ya that will be interesting....and not only against the Vikings but the Packers as well...the team that tormented him for years...hopefully he steps right in and kicks some bootay!

How about the Dolphins/Raiders game. Jerry Rice and Cris Carter..two of the best old WR!!

Originally posted by Samphin
I am surprised I haven't seen anyone bring this up. Cris Carter will play against the Vikings this year. Anyone else get a feeling that he will want to try and show up his old team and even moreso Randy Moss? I am not a fan of Carter but it could be interesting to see how he does against the team he had the most success with. It would be fitting for him to catch a few red zones td's imo.

How could you say you are not a Carter fan? As soon as you put in the Aqua and Orange I am become a huge fan. As far as the Viking game I don't think to many people are talking about because the Vikings are so horrible. I would love for Carter to stomp his old mates, but we should win regaurdless. The thing that scares me is that the addition of Carter will make Moss actully show up for this game.

I think Dajesus is right. As much as Carter's gonna want to show up his old team, his old team is gonna want to show up Carter. It kinda cancels out.

I'm a little bit worried about what Carter brings. I'm not AT ALL worried about his attitude, as I believe the whole thing to be overblown. But I am worried about what he does to the balance of the offense. Adding a good weapon doesn't always mean better. Remember in 1999 when Joey Galloway held out most of the year then came back with about 6 to 10 games left in the year? This was before any of his knee injuries....Joey's prime. He was good. And yet he was like a 5th wheel. They didn't know how to get him adequately involved and the offense wasn't use to him.

As is we're counting on Carter to probably become a starter in this offense within a few weeks. Thats a lot of pressure. It might turn out great. Or it might turn out something like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole...At least in this situation there's actually a hole to FILL, rather than just adding a piece into a puzzle where you're not sure where it might fit in.

But right there I'm just being pessimistic. I'm more inclined to believe that there was already a problem going on with Oronde at WR. He was not helping take pressure off Chris Chambers, and he was not adequately taking advantage of the pressure that was put on Chris Chambers. He made clutch, dramatic plays. But they were few and far between. I prefer a guy who can move the sticks consistently. Hopefully either Carter, or McKnight is an individual like that. But in my opinion, Gadsden was obviously NOT.

I don't see Carter being a 5th wheel. As you said Galloway came back in his prime, but Carter is in his twilight. He knows that he is the 3rd or 4th guy in this offense, and I doubt he or anyone else will expect much more. Where he is going to help is on 3rd downs soemthing we have already been very good at. Using his knowledge and great hands he shoul be able to make a huge impact on 3rd down. If the DC gets wind of that then he will open up one of the other play makers.

I like what Sherman Lewis says about him...

Former Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Sherman Lewis called Carter "a great addition for anyone." Lewis, now an offensive consultant with the Detroit Lions, couldn't find a negative on Carter.

"He's a great competitor with outstanding hands and he can catch anything. He'll make the tough catch, the acrobatic catch and he probably has a better understanding of the game than any receiver out there. He knows coverages and he immediately recognizes weaknesses in coverage.

"He only has average speed, but the offense he was in at Minnesota allowed him to maneuver to get open. He'll block. He's a great practice player and his legs are fresh."

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ct24,0,2572394.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

And don't forget, Carter is already impressing coaches with both his physical skills and the speed with which he's picking up the offense.

Dajesus I dind't mean to imply that I will root against Carter when he plays for the Dolphins. Quite the opposite actually as I will cheer him on every chance I get. What I meant is if I had to choose him or Oronde, I go with the guy who has been here for years. But thats a moot point at this stage in the game. I foresee Randy Moss trying to show up Carter in that game, and failing miserably. He will probably try to do too much and they will force it into him too much and mistakes will happen, at least that is my take.

On that note I will turn my attention to the Packer game from here on. Go Dolphins!

Back
Top Bottom