Cashman: Yanks winners on field, losers in wallet | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cashman: Yanks winners on field, losers in wallet

MikeO said:
if you don't watch............why do you care? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
because i did and still like the sport just hate the way its run i also hate the way american is run in certin aspect i guess i should just get out then right lmao

dob72 said:
coming from you thats dosen't mean much nothing i said wasn't true

u seem to be the one reaching on stuff saying payroll dosen't matter at all

saying 126 mill is the same as 200 mill

yeah i"m the one sounding clueless

I never said payroll doesn't matter.

I said at some point it doesn't matter if you spend $125 or $176. Or $200. Yes, I said that. You can ONLY play so many guys at once. Only so many guys can hit. Only so many guys can play. Only so many guys on the active roster. That is an opinion shared by MANY MANY baeball people.

But since you don't watch baeball, you wouldn't know about that would you??? :lol: :shakeno:

dob72 said:
because i did and still like the sport just hate the way its run i also hate the way american is run in certin aspect i guess i should just get out then right lmao

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: You have now officially lost it. :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Seriously, step away from the computer. Have a cold drink of water. You aren't coming off good in these posts now.

Leaving America??? How did that get into this discussion :sidelol: :sidelol:

MikeO said:
:allhail: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Thank you for saying what needed to be said!!! This thread really needs to be locked. Watching one person hang themselves and spew nonsense isn't fun anymore and painful.
hmm really can u tell me what part i said was nonsense

i think the truth is i have made u look stupid in everything u said and now ur trying to turn in on me

but hey thats ok keep pretending i'm the clueless one here lmao

dob72 said:

took it out of context, but ok. whatever.

you are hanging yourself today.

MikeO said:
took it out of context, but ok. whatever.

you are hanging yourself today.
oh you have now officially lost it hanging yourself ?? How did that get into this discussion

lol dude do u even think about what you say

MikeO said:
I said at some point it doesn't matter if you spend $125 or $176. Or $200.

Only from a Yankee fan! That's the most asinine thing I've ever read on this message board.

The difference between the Red Sox and Yankees payroll was FOUR Manny Ramirez contracts. But I'm sure that's a pretty insignificant addition to a club. And it's not an excuse or anything, that's a fact.

Then you have the audacity to turn around and tell someone else to step away from the computer? Absolutely ridiculous.

MikeO said:
blah blah blah blah.........blah blah blah blah......blah blah blah, blah blah! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!

Dude your a broken record at this point.
look kids the definition of somebody who has lost

MikeO said:
And how is Cashman an idiot??? He just fleeced Philly for Abreu and Lidel. That wasn't all about payroll,
um hello that was all about payroll the phillies did it for a salary dump and no team wanted to touch abreu huge salary but the yankees

dob72 said:
You can compete. You just can't compete every year. Like you might have a down year in your league and be right there. Or have a good season every 2-3 years. But the Yankees, Red Sox, and what not can field a team every year that's top of the league, roster wise.

The Braves won their division for fifteen straight seasons so in theory no other team could compete because they were better run than other teams. The A's and Twins have been competed for the division/playoffs the last few seasons. Neither made it last year but it appears the Red Sox won't make it this year. The Rangers I think have paid the luxury tax three seasons since the new agreement was made and have they even finished in 2nd the last few seasons? Generally football teams can't field a team that's at the top of the league roster wise just look at the last few NFC champions. They're on an equal playing field but the better run teams generally stay on top longer. The Yankees can afford to make a mistake on a player and the Royals can't, that's the point you seem to be trying to make which is true. Although when one team is going for Doug Mientkiewicz and Reggie Sanders in an offseason how good do they really expect to be. The White Sox bring in Jim Thome and Vazquez who they got ripped off for but that's besides the point and the Royals bring in Mientkiewicz and Sanders, really what team do you expect to be better? So if the Marlins make the playoffs they're applauded for being the anti-Yankees for fielding a good scouting system and developing players the same way the A's develop guys year after year and the Twins develop guys. Which is why they're playoff caliber teams. Hopefully the Pirates actually do have a decent season soon because their ballpark is amazing.

Look, I'm no Yankee sympathizer (in fact, I'm wearing my BEAT NY shirt right now), but honestly, Red Sox fans can't complain that the Yankees spend too much. Any time a team tries to sign a player only to prevent the other one from getting him, you can't be crying poor.

The Marlins are probably too far on the other extreme, but fans in Minnesota are the ones who should be complaining. Instead, Terry Ryan drafts strong, trades wisely (Nathan, Liriano, and Bonser for Pierzynski with Mauer waiting in the wings is the heist of the century), and if they had even $15 million more to spend in payroll, bringing their total up to a lofty $78 million, they'd be flat-out dominant.

djfresh47 said:
The Braves won their division for fifteen straight seasons so in theory no other team could compete because they were better run than other teams. The A's and Twins have been competed for the division/playoffs the last few seasons. Neither made it last year but it appears the Red Sox won't make it this year. The Rangers I think have paid the luxury tax three seasons since the new agreement was made and have they even finished in 2nd the last few seasons? Generally football teams can't field a team that's at the top of the league roster wise just look at the last few NFC champions. They're on an equal playing field but the better run teams generally stay on top longer. The Yankees can afford to make a mistake on a player and the Royals can't, that's the point you seem to be trying to make which is true. Although when one team is going for Doug Mientkiewicz and Reggie Sanders in an offseason how good do they really expect to be. The White Sox bring in Jim Thome and Vazquez who they got ripped off for but that's besides the point and the Royals bring in Mientkiewicz and Sanders, really what team do you expect to be better? So if the Marlins make the playoffs they're applauded for being the anti-Yankees for fielding a good scouting system and developing players the same way the A's develop guys year after year and the Twins develop guys. Which is why they're playoff caliber teams. Hopefully the Pirates actually do have a decent season soon because their ballpark is amazing.

And just to nitpick, they won it for 14 straight seasons...they did not win the division in 1994 and would not have (the Expos would have, talk about changing history).

RWhitney014 said:
Look, I'm no Yankee sympathizer (in fact, I'm wearing my BEAT NY shirt right now), but honestly, Red Sox fans can't complain that the Yankees spend too much. Any time a team tries to sign a player only to prevent the other one from getting him, you can't be crying poor.

I'm assuming this was directed at me, and if it was, I have no idea why.

I'm not complaining about the Yankees payroll at all. I just simply pointed out what a ridiculous notion it was to claim that the Red Sox and Yankees are on a level playing field when it comes to payrolls. It's not an excuse as to why the Red Sox have been teribble post All-Star break or anything, it's just a fact.

It's just asinine.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Only from a Yankee fan! That's the most asinine thing I've ever read on this message board.

The difference between the Red Sox and Yankees payroll was FOUR Manny Ramirez contracts. But I'm sure that's a pretty insignificant addition to a club. And it's not an excuse or anything, that's a fact.

Then you have the audacity to turn around and tell someone else to step away from the computer? Absolutely ridiculous.

Excellent point. If the Red Sox didn't care about payroll the Sox would have BOTH Manny and Arod in their line up today because the original Arod to the Sox deal was going to be Nomar and a prospect (most likely Jon Lester) to Texas. It wasn't until Manny demanded a trade that the Sox turned around first put him on waivers and then to try and trade him to Texas for Arod.

RWhitney014 said:

When was the last time the Red Sox signed a player just to prevent him from going to the Yankees?

In fact the Red Sox had a chance to do that this year with Abreu and didn't want to spend the money on him (which would have cost them 39 million in luxury taxes on just Abreu alone).

Back
Top Bottom