CB situation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CB situation

I vote for T-Buck, he helped us b4 he can do it again, and for Safety, just keep what we have and hope...

This is an interesting debate...who would have thought a year ago that CB would be one of our weaknesses....

Anyways, Madison and Howard will be the starters. Roundtree could have an impact (if healthy) as the dime back with Daniels playing the nickel. I personally think that Saban saw Daniels more as a FS than a CB, but with Poole's injury, out the window with that idea for this year at least. The field, after the starters is weak, no doubt. Just another area that IF certain players come thru, we'll be ok...if not...well, you get the idea.

However, Saban's expertise in the D lies in the secondary. Couple that with his overall scheme (which is CB friendly, so to speak), and the potential is there for us to be in good shape. There are questions, but there are also some potential answers...

Historically we have had at least 8 or 9 corners on the roster

DolphinDevil28 said:
Nothing.

We run 4 deep at corner. Yeah, we lost Surtain but I still like our corners.

You guys are really going to like Travis Daniels.

there are only 6 healthy corners on the roster. You have to have more than that for training camp. Corners will be signed, even if the 5 or the 6 on the roster now are on the final roster.

Lee2000

PS Next year looks a lot better with Poole and Mitchell back.

I would like to add we will miss Pat, we really will, but Pat was hurt some last year. Pat also (to me) didn't play that well last year. Sam done a fine job shutting down Chad Johnson last year and Howard played decent. Howard was really not use to playing press man D and we will probably play a lot more zone this year which will help all of our corners out. Let me remind you that we were one of the best pass defenses last year with Surtain being hurt. I am not that concerned with our Secondary. I will feel better if we sign someone else, but if we don't I am ok. I think Mario Edwards and Alphonso Roundtree and Travis Daniels will step up to the plate and work out fine.

Back
Top Bottom