CB vs OL vs DL? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CB vs OL vs DL?

Shelby is 6'3" and only 270, He would get pushed around at DT.

Hes not a guy who will fill gaps on runs thats for sure but in passing situation i think he could add some pressure up the middle as well as maybe catch a mobile QB stepping up in the pocket.

Right now (it may change) I see value at DT, TE, FS, CB, and WR

If Eric Ebron is sitting there snatch him up quickly. I would also consider Jace Amaro and Kelvin Benjamin there as well.

In my limited draft knowledge (1st and 2nd round only), it would seen to be a choice of a Donald, Dix, or Hageman at DT as opposed to a Martin. Lewan or Moses on the OL.

True or false?

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Hes not a guy who will fill gaps on runs thats for sure but in passing situation i think he could add some pressure up the middle as well as maybe catch a mobile QB stepping up in the pocket.

We used Vernon for that last year, with some good results.

If Eric Ebron is sitting there snatch him up quickly. I would also consider Jace Amaro and Kelvin Benjamin there as well.

Who is this Benjamin guy? Thought he from "The U" was already in the NFL. JK/LOL

In my limited draft knowledge (1st and 2nd round only), it would seen to be a choice of a Donald, Dix, or Hageman at DT as opposed to a Martin. Lewan or Moses on the OL.

True or false?

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

We used Vernon for that last year, with some good results.

Martin I do like a lot and think he is one of the safest picks in the draft. I agree with Mayok, that's he probably a good LT, but kick him inside and he is an All-Pro LG. Not a fan of Lewan or Moses. After Martin Antonio Richardson would be my next OT on the board and he will be a second round guy. The two tackles I really like are James Hurst and Joel Botonio. Hurst is probably a 4th - 5th round due to his injury, and Bitonio will probably kick inside to guard and go in the third round.

For DT in round one I like Donald, Jernigan and Hageman in the mid to late first round. I think Nix is a top 15 pick. In round two I like Will Sutton, DaQuan Jones, and Kelcy Charles.

To answer, yes the DT's have more value there than the OT's IMO

If we cut Matt Moore and Dimitri Patterson, we'll save $9.4M off the cap. I think that's low hanging fruit and a no brainer. We need to sign Grimes to a 2 year deal, and I'd take Starks over Solia. Our problem is with the dead money in Ellerbe and Wheeler. We really need to improve our LB play in the run d.

I agree with releasing Moore and Patterson. I would lockup Grimes for 3 to 4 years. I would prefer that Starks stays, but I expect that Philbin wants him gone for the blatant disrespect he showed the coaching staff. That means we will resign big Soliai. I would not make any changes at linebacker in FA. We need to pickup two OL during the FA period.

Martin I do like a lot and think he is one of the safest picks in the draft. I agree with Mayok, that's he probably a good LT, but kick him inside and he is an All-Pro LG. Not a fan of Lewan or Moses. After Martin Antonio Richardson would be my next OT on the board and he will be a second round guy. The two tackles I really like are James Hurst and Joel Botonio. Hurst is probably a 4th - 5th round due to his injury, and Bitonio will probably kick inside to guard and go in the third round.

For DT in round one I like Donald, Jernigan and Hageman in the mid to late first round. I think Nix is a top 15 pick. In round two I like Will Sutton, DaQuan Jones, and Kelcy Charles.

To answer, yes the DT's have more value there than the OT's IMO

To go to a little cap analysis on our #19 pick. If Martin cannot play LT, and goes to OG, he would save us around $3M over a guy like Dominique-Smith or an Asamoah. A Dix, Donald or Hageman would very likely save more over a Starks, maybe $5M a year.

Considering that, and what I know on these players grades and abilities, I would go Dix, Donald as top pick, and Hageman and Martin tied at my #3 choice.

Just for the sake of debate what if they decided not to re-sign either Starks or Soliai? They have Odrick who plays well, and I think he and Starks are very similar. They also have AJ Francis who they like a lot and could bring in another vet cheaper than Starks and plays 3 downs unlike Soliai?

I think they address the O line in free agency. Not saying they won’t draft any, but think they will address LT, RT and at least one OG before the draft. What if they took a DT in the first or second round? Not sure if more than one or two DT's will be off the board at 19.

This team may be ready for a complete facelift depending on who is available in the draft. OL and DT may be in play. Freeing up money on the DL will buy the FA oline groceries.
I don't think anyone knows until the draft begins. I think they will have a lot of contingencies.
Solai, and Starks make a lot of money. I would continue to pay Solai and cut Starks, who frankly didn't earn his money last year. He was invisible.

I would sign Finley as a stop gap TE. We need to focus on our DL cap issues...replacement for Starks or Solai going forward, and getting the new oline built with drafted players and FA's.

Look for a TE project in the lower rounds and hope we get lucky..like we did with Clay.

This team may be ready for a complete facelift depending on who is available in the draft. OL and DT may be in play. Freeing up money on the DL will buy the FA oline groceries.
I don't think anyone knows until the draft begins. I think they will have a lot of contingencies.
Solai, and Starks make a lot of money. I would continue to pay Solai and cut Starks, who frankly didn't earn his money last year. He was invisible.

Completely disagree on Starks play last year but, not on the money. Starks was very easily the best DT we had, and at the top of the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom