CBS 4 Miami Reporting That Denver and Miami are Talking Trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBS 4 Miami Reporting That Denver and Miami are Talking Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is today's update in DraftDaddy's Blog.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

DraftDaddy said:
CBS 4 News in Miami is reporting that the Denver Broncos are interested in talking to the Miami Dolphins about a deal that would send veteran running back Ricky Williams to the Broncos in exchange for a "high draft pick". Williams, who abruptly retired from football in 2004 to pursue nefarious endeavors in Australia, was a model citizen for Dolphins in 2005, rushing for 743 yards and scoring 6 touchdowns.

As we reported the other day, the Broncos are also chasing troubled Eagles receiver Terrell Owens in a trade. The Broncos are the only team in the NFL that possesses 2 first round picks (#22 & #29), having acquired the Washington Redskins current first round selection in a spring of 2005 trade.

Flame on. I know this one should nearly cause a tidal wave out here in the forums.

EDIT: Below is a more legitimate link...

http://cbs4.com/sports/local_story_032083239.html

"Two NFL sources say the Broncos are interested in the running back..."

I love this news. The sooner Ricky is out of Miami the better it is for this franchise in my opinion.

MikeO said:
I love this news. The sooner Ricky is out of Miami the better it is for this franchise in my opinion.
i agree. lets trade away a proven back that is good for garbage.

i guess people dont care about having a good back that is cheap as a backup to ronnie brown.

PhinsRDbest said:
1st or 2nd only is what I say if not keep him.

Denver has two 1st rounders. Probably feel they don't need a 2nd rounder with two picks in round 1. I expect them to ship us their 2nd rounder for Ricky if any of this news comes to be true.

Dolfan5000 said:
Why do you say that?

I don't like him and I think he is a bad face for our franchise. Players will all say they accept him and stuff because they have to and don't want to cause trouble. I feel there is still a lot of resentment towards him by some and he will never be accepted back fully by some players. What he did is inexcusable on every level and he can never live that down. Just my .2 cents.

I really don't want to see RW go especially after everything he showed this year. But if we can get a 1st rounder for Ricky like this news is implying... we just may have to part with him despite his excellent talent and cap friendly salary.

death7star said:
i agree. lets trade away a proven back that is good for garbage.

i guess people dont care about having a good back that is cheap as a backup to ronnie brown.

Ricky has already shown football isn't in his blood. He has shown he could walk away at any time. He ha said he doesn't want to play forever just a few more years. Why hold onto a guy when you could get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him?!?

Just because Ricky was a good little boy for 1 year doesn't mean he will wake up in a month or two and say........ah, screw it, I quit! get rid of the ticking time bomb now and get something for him. Let him be someone elses problem.

MIke...

MikeO said:
Denver has two 1st rounders. Probably feel they don't need a 2nd rounder with two picks in round 1. I expect them to ship us their 2nd rounder for Ricky if any of this news comes to be true.

A second round pick is in NO way shape or form a "good" trade for Ricky. We are trading away a PROVEN stud for the potential of a MATT ROTH!!!

thanks ck. I wouldn't trade ricky for anything less than the right to select cutler, meaning I wouldn't gamble on trading an addition 1st to move up and hope cutler will be there.

bla bla bla said:
A second round pick is in NO way shape or form a "good" trade for Ricky. We are trading away a PROVEN stud for the potential of a MATT ROTH!!!

You are also trading away a guy who if he fails one more drug test is suspended for a full calender year! That is a huge risk. Take a wrong suplement, eat a wrong power bar, anything. If it shows up in his piss......he's done for 365 days from when he failed the test.

A 2nd round pick is the MOST you will get for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom