CBS opts for Cowboys/Chargers over Bills/Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBS opts for Cowboys/Chargers over Bills/Dolphins

circumstances

The key's in the fudge
Club Member
Reaction score

Dolph N.Fan

Club Member
Reaction score
how does that even happen?

doesn't at least one NFC team have to be playing for it to be on Fox?
A couple years back FOX and CBS were allowed to trade games regardless of conference affiliation. Both networks protect a select amount of their games from being poached from each other and from being flexed to NBC on Sunday night. I think (I’m not sure about this), FOX and CBS alternate weeks in which one can swap one of their games with the other for a non protected game.

I’m guessing FOX left Dallas/Chargers unprotected and CBS took it and gave them Buffalo/Miami instead of New England/Jets lol

Last edited:

circumstances

The key's in the fudge
Club Member
Reaction score
A couple years back FOX and CBS were allowed to trade games regardless of conference affiliation. Both networks protect a select amount of their games from being poached from each other and from being flexed to NBC on Sunday night. I think (I’m not sure about this). FOX and CBS alternate weeks in which one can swap one of their games with the other for a non protected game.

I’m guessing FOX left Dallas/Chargers unprotected and CBS took it and gave them Buffalo/Miami instead of New England/Jets lol
cool, thanks.

i totally missed all that.

i'm still back when cbs was all afc and fox was all nfc.

superphin

don't go clown shoes on us
Club Member
Reaction score
5n0mxr.jpg

tay0365

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Come on, who wouldn't prefer two 0-1 Non-Div teams over two Div teams, one considered the best in their conference, the other leading their division, and looking like possible and legit competitor to their Division title...Got to love the inconsistencies of the Networks.

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Between the two I don’t see how you can argue them picking Chargers vs Cowboys. That game should be fireworks. Herbert has already arrived and Dak looked great week 1. No brainer.

Despite the week 1 outcomes, Buffalo should be expected to crush us. Flores is 0-4 vs the Bills, not to mention a shellacking at the end of last year when we needed a win to make the playoffs.

I love the Phins as much as the next guy, but on a national narrative, what have we given them to be confident in? Tua has a lonnnngggggggg way to go and QB is what matters in the NFL today, not elite defenses.

Last edited:

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Between the two I don’t see how you can argue them picking Chargers vs Cowboys. That game should be fireworks. Herbert has already arrived and Dak looked great week 1. No brainer.

I love the Phins as much as the next guy, but on a national narrative, what have we given them to be confident in? Tua has a lonnnngggggggg way to go and QB is what matters in the NFL today, not elite defenses.
I honestly feel they'd still put cowboys game ahead of miami even if was not vs chargers and herbert. Even if they were playing texans they'd probably still be ahead. America's team. They get the ratings because there are so many damn cowboy fans every where in the US lol. I have 9 cowboy fans at my work place. And that's counting 4 that left. So even when fans leave and go somewhere, they get replaced by new workers who are cowboy fans. There are that many Cowboy fans, And this is CNY ha. I got 3 guys who are fin fans at work so that's nice. But seems like cowboy fans outnumber other fans wherever.

Atila

Atila - the freshmaker.
Club Member
Reaction score
I honestly feel they'd still put cowboys game ahead of miami even if was not vs chargers and herbert. Even if they were playing texans they'd probably still be ahead. America's team. They get the ratings because there are so many damn cowboy fans every where in the US lol. I have 9 cowboy fans at my work place. And that's counting 4 that left. So even when fans leave and go somewhere, they get replaced by new workers who are cowboy fans. There are that many Cowboy fans, And this is CNY ha. I got 3 guys who are fin fans at work so that's nice. But seems like cowboy fans outnumber other fans wherever.

Yeah - which isn't really a slight against Miami... they'd put the cowboys game over most other matchups.

Top Bottom