Cbs Team-by-team Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cbs Team-by-team Mock

FinPhan54

Basement Dweller
Club Member
Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...ll-breakdowns-for-all-32-teams-all-the-picks/

1 13 to Houston
1 23 DT Jeffery Simmons, Mississippi State from HOU*
2 48 G/C Elgton Jenkins, Mississippi State
2 55 DE Charles Omenihu, Texas from HOU*
3 78 QB Will Grier, West Virginia
4 116 to Atlanta
4 137 WR Gary Jennings Jr., West Virginia from ATL*
5 151 S Marquise Blair, Utah
5 152 CB Saivion Smith, Alabama from ATL*
7 233 to Atlanta from TEN
7 234 OT Tyree St. Louis, Miami from PIT

They also predict us trading Reshad Jones straight up for Solomon Thomas

"
The Dolphins should be open for business at No. 13 as they're at the start of a rebuild. Considering the Texans should be making nabbing one of the top offensive lineman a priority while also owning an extra second-rounder, this trade should be a match. After swapping No. 13 for No. 23 and 55, the Dolphins use their first pick on the abundantly talented Simmons, who is a top-13 talent in this draft but might not be ready to contribute fully in 2019 after tearing his ACL. That should be just fine for a Dolphins team eyeing the future anyway.

Before Day 2 starts, the Dolphins strike a rare player-for-player trade, sending star safety Reshad Jones and his big cap number to San Francisco for Solomon Thomas, a former No. 3 overall pick who hasn't paid off yet with the 49ers and becomes somewhat expendable after they draft Nick Bosa at No. 2. The move clears up the free safety position for Minkah Fitzpatrick as well. The Dolphins then score an offensive lineman in Jenkins who can start immediately at a problem spot for the offense. The extra second-rounder then becomes a strong base end in Omenihu, who I think could be a star under new coach Brian Flores. In the third round, the Dolphins take a shot with a talented quarterback prospect in Grier who they can give snaps as a rookie at some point before re-evaluating the position next offseason.

After trading back 21 spots in the fourth round in order to make a big leap up from No. 233 to No. 152 later in the draft, the Dolphins add some depth at receiver in Grier's college teammate Jennings, who's thought of as the other West Virginia receiver but had a great showing at the combine and could be a quality starter at the next level. Now with back-to-back picks in the fifth round, the Dolphins snap up two defensive backs, a versatile third safety in Blair who can eventually take over for T.J. McDonald and a corner who can compete for snaps on the outside in Smith. The team stays local for its final pick with a developmental tackle prospect in St. Louis who could eventually push for a starting role at right tackle.

"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...ll-breakdowns-for-all-32-teams-all-the-picks/

1 13 to Houston
1 23 DT Jeffery Simmons, Mississippi State from HOU*
2 48 G/C Elgton Jenkins, Mississippi State
2 55 DE Charles Omenihu, Texas from HOU*
3 78 QB Will Grier, West Virginia
4 116 to Atlanta
4 137 WR Gary Jennings Jr., West Virginia from ATL*
5 151 S Marquise Blair, Utah
5 152 CB Saivion Smith, Alabama from ATL*
7 233 to Atlanta from TEN
7 234 OT Tyree St. Louis, Miami from PIT

They also predict us trading Reshad Jones straight up for Solomon Thomas

"
The Dolphins should be open for business at No. 13 as they're at the start of a rebuild. Considering the Texans should be making nabbing one of the top offensive lineman a priority while also owning an extra second-rounder, this trade should be a match. After swapping No. 13 for No. 23 and 55, the Dolphins use their first pick on the abundantly talented Simmons, who is a top-13 talent in this draft but might not be ready to contribute fully in 2019 after tearing his ACL. That should be just fine for a Dolphins team eyeing the future anyway.

Before Day 2 starts, the Dolphins strike a rare player-for-player trade, sending star safety Reshad Jones and his big cap number to San Francisco for Solomon Thomas, a former No. 3 overall pick who hasn't paid off yet with the 49ers and becomes somewhat expendable after they draft Nick Bosa at No. 2. The move clears up the free safety position for Minkah Fitzpatrick as well. The Dolphins then score an offensive lineman in Jenkins who can start immediately at a problem spot for the offense. The extra second-rounder then becomes a strong base end in Omenihu, who I think could be a star under new coach Brian Flores. In the third round, the Dolphins take a shot with a talented quarterback prospect in Grier who they can give snaps as a rookie at some point before re-evaluating the position next offseason.

After trading back 21 spots in the fourth round in order to make a big leap up from No. 233 to No. 152 later in the draft, the Dolphins add some depth at receiver in Grier's college teammate Jennings, who's thought of as the other West Virginia receiver but had a great showing at the combine and could be a quality starter at the next level. Now with back-to-back picks in the fifth round, the Dolphins snap up two defensive backs, a versatile third safety in Blair who can eventually take over for T.J. McDonald and a corner who can compete for snaps on the outside in Smith. The team stays local for its final pick with a developmental tackle prospect in St. Louis who could eventually push for a starting role at right tackle.

"

A fun exercise, but how many mocks get the 1st 10 picks right, much less R4

I’m very much interested in trading for Solomon thomas on the cheap.

I like tbe scheme fit I like tbe skill set

I like tbe Jeffrey Simmons value too there

simmons would probably be top 5 if he didnt get hurt. im ok with that, as well as trading jones

I’m very much interested in trading for Solomon thomas on the cheap.

I like tbe scheme fit I like tbe skill set

I like tbe Jeffrey Simmons value too there
Thomas seemed like a pretty good player coming out, what happened with him??

I'm a huge fan of moving down and targeting Jeffrey Simmons. He can flat out play. He's a top 10 pick and probably goes ahead or Oliver if it wasn't for the injury.

This is a redshirt season for this entire organization, so the question of if he'll be able to play or not in 2019 is irrelevant to me. He's going to be a stud. Would immensely improve the DL, and give us a potential elite pass rusher from the inside.

Thomas seemed like a pretty good player coming out, what happened with him??

I’d say probably scheme ask in San Fran. For a 4th rounder in a nanosecond

Kinda a tweener. Better inside than outside kinda the opposite of rashan Gary for example. Both good at the poa

But yeah chance I’d take for the right compensation. I’d consider Reshad Jones to be the right compensation if it was player for player.

I feel like I've read this thread already. Maybe a week or 2 ago??

I dunno, probably just that time of year, everything gets jumbled together.

That said, I thought I heard somewhere that Simmons had some big time character issues. Maybe I'm wrong, will need to research it.

I feel like I've read this thread already. Maybe a week or 2 ago??

I dunno, probably just that time of year, everything gets jumbled together.

That said, I thought I heard somewhere that Simmons had some big time character issues. Maybe I'm wrong, will need to research it.

Just checked, yeah, he beat a woman.

I'd take him off my draft board. We don't need that kind of headache.

I think drafting injured Players is a terrible idea. Rarely works out. I want sure fire Day one Starters with my Top Draft Picks

Depends on the injury. Willis McGahee had a much more serious injury and he had a darn good career. Todd Gurley,Thurman Thomas, Frank Gore etc

wouldn't be upset with a draft like that at all. I know about the Simmons incident but our new coaching staff has talked about bringing in player that have overcome adversity. Simmons apparently has been trouble-free since that took place, and before the injury he was probably a top 10 pick.

wouldn't be upset with a draft like that at all. I know about the Simmons incident but our new coaching staff has talked about bringing in player that have overcome adversity. Simmons apparently has been trouble-free since that took place, and before the injury he was probably a top 10 pick.
Meh ... IDK, when it comes to beating women I’ve been trouble free for almost 45 years now.

Most people don’t have to add a caveat about their lifetime statistics for woman beating.

Hard pass.

Back
Top Bottom