cbssportsline mock draft/marc trestman | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cbssportsline mock draft/marc trestman

Yep.. it really makes me wonder if his heart is in it. I mean, yeah he loves playing the game, but does he want to reach this level if he thinks becoming a lawyer is above the NFL? I'm not sure about that.

I like the fact that he puts the NFL as his plan B and actually wants to do something MORE with his life than throw a football...now, do I think he would turn down the money of the NFL to be a lawyer no...Everything Ive heard from a really good friend of mine is that this kid has a great head on his shoulders and is very bright...I believe this person because his dad has been friends with RG3's dad for a long time...it dosent mean much of anything I know but its a rarity this day in age that a kid would focus on school and reaching other goals and not just bolting for the NFL

You have to respect him for wanting more for himself and out of life than just Football. However, when and if he truly sits down and crunches some numbers even a mildly intelligent person will come to realize that he will spend his entire lifetime working as a lawyer and still not attain the kind of money he can make in two seasons - three at best in the NFL. Not saying it's a big mistake for him to forego if that's what he really want's to do for his happiness but even becoming a lawyer in the first place is a crapshoot too. His Star will never be higher than it is right now and even if he changes his mind and comes out after next year I don't think the odds will be in his favor to surpass the attention he has gained this year...even Luck took a bump this year. I hear RGIII is intelligent though and I'm sure he'll figure out what's in his best interest and will make him happy but I'm sure hoping he enters this year.

Back
Top Bottom