Chad Greenway - LB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Greenway - LB

lauderdale

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"Chad Greenway, Iowa:

Chad really didn’t live up to his lofty reputation at all; he was shorter than his listed height at 6-2 242 pounds and much weaker and slower. His 16 repetitions in the bench was pathetic for a 242 pounder, and he had the 3rd worst VJ of 33.5 inches. His 20 yard shuttle run of 4.22 and 3-Cone time of 7 flat didn’t stand out either. But what was the most troubling is that his straight line speed was not good, especially for an ex-safety, his two 40 runs of 4.78 and 4.83 seconds just won’t cut it. I wouldn’t even be shocked to see him fall out of the 1st round." :shakeno:

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/insidethenumbersdef.htm

lauderdale said:
"Chad Greenway, Iowa:

Chad really didn’t live up to his lofty reputation at all; he was shorter than his listed height at 6-2 242 pounds and much weaker and slower. His 16 repetitions in the bench was pathetic for a 242 pounder, and he had the 3rd worst VJ of 33.5 inches. His 20 yard shuttle run of 4.22 and 3-Cone time of 7 flat didn’t stand out either. But what was the most troubling is that his straight line speed was not good, especially for an ex-safety, his two 40 runs of 4.78 and 4.83 seconds just won’t cut it. I wouldn’t even be shocked to see him fall out of the 1st round." :shakeno:

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/insidethenumbersdef.htm

wow. that could be an interesting situation especially if we manage to pick up a 2nd rounder somewhere...

He was MUCH quicker at the Iowa Pro Day, lifted more and generally solidified his status as a mid 1st rounder. Looks like he just had a bad day at the office in Indianapolis.

looked better the other day. I think he will go before we pick at 16

Anyone have his #'s from his recent workout? They had to be better but by how much?

lauderdale said:
Nevermind.....

"Chad Greenway LB Greenway (6-2 3/8, 240) ran his 40s in 4.58 and 4.62 seconds. He strained his left hamstring, so he didn't run the shuttles. He also had a 38-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot broad jump and 19 bench presses."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#iowa

Marcus Maxey out of The U, lifted 19 times. No need to emphasize how weak that is for a man of his size. Rather have Ernie Sims/Manny Lawson instead of Greenway.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Manny Lawson or trade down and get Bobby Carpenter and Jason Allen.

I like the sound of that...:up:

Dolfan11 said:
Marcus Maxey out of The U, lifted 19 times. No need to emphasize how weak that is for a man of his size. Rather have Ernie Sims/Manny Lawson instead of Greenway.

And you are basing that solely on him lifting the bench press bar just 19 times, completely ignoring what the guy actually does on the field. Ernie Sims and Manny Lawson are nowhere near as good on the field as Chad Greenway is. All you need to do is watch the Iowa/Florida game from this previous bowl season to see what kind of impact Chad Greenway can have on the game. He was forced to cover Chad Jackson at times, and Jackson got no separation from him.

Ok, a few things here.

Some guys just can't bench press very well. Maybe they have long arms. Maybe they have bad technique. Maybe they have weak triceps. I don't know, but some guys can't bench. Does that mean they are weak? No. They might play much stronger. Just look at Culter. He had one more bench rep than AJ Hawk. Who do you think is stronger? By bench numbers, it must be Cutler then, right? Ummm . . . no.

Speed - speed is talked about too much at certain positions. Quickness is more important at LB. Zach Thomas isn't fast, but still one of the best b/c he is quick and very smart and instinctive. That's how i see Greenway . . . not a blazing LB like Hawk or Lawson, but a smart, quick LB like Thomas. Greenway is also referred to by many as the best coverage LB in the draft.

So what does all this mean? Nothing. I'm still up in the air about this guy too, especially since i didn't see his workouts. But just b/c you see a bad number here or there doesn't mean the guy can't play.

dominizzo said:
IF we get Arrington Than Cromartie or Williams will do !!! IF no Arrington than Greenway is a look

I agree except Id rather Laswon or Carpenter than Greenway

Back
Top Bottom