Chad Greenway or Demeco Ryans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Greenway or Demeco Ryans

Greenway for sure....I actually don't think Nick would take Ryan at all.I'd rather have Bobby Carpenter over Ryan.

Ozzy rules!!

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Brooks isn't in this draft is he???
No he is not in this draft. Not sure what the previous poster was bringing him into the discussion for.

I thought Ryans was the better of the two, though the name who a couple of you mention that could be better as a pro than either, is Carpenter.

Both are excellent players and hard workers...and both should succeed. I like Ryans overall play, but I think Greenway is a better athlete.

One LB that is maybe more of an athlete than either of these two is Bama's other LB, Freddie Roach....wait til combines on that guy.

Greenway... hands down...

Flyer22 said:
I would much rather have Chad Greenway. He seems like the complete package with size, speed, and smarts. I saw three Iowa games, and it seemed like he was in on every play.

AND he can be converted to ILB so he can replace Thomas later on

I like them both, but I think Greenway will provide more big plays. I keep hearing that SF is interested in Greenway so he could go as high as #7 in the draft.

BrazForPhins said:
greenway is my favorite "almost realistic" pick for the phins :wink:

Agree with that, followed by Huff. I think both will be gone before Miami picks.

Greenway is a better fit here but Ryans is a better NFL prospect. Ryans will be gone anyway.

Finsfan79 said:
both are 4-3 OLB. Neither are right for the system we wish to run. It would be much much better to get Bobby carpenter or Manny lawson. But Greenway would be able to play Weak side. Ryans is a Horrible fit for our offense he is slow as heck and wont be able to cover anyone. He is a product of a good defense around him.
I dont't know if you have watched any Bama football games but you are wrong. Ryans has game speed. Much like Zach Thomas. He has great instincts and was the heart and soul of that defence. His sophmore year he had 22 tackeles against a very talented Oklahoma team. He is not a product of a good defence around him. He is what made that defence a great defence.

Kev83 said:
Both are excellent players and hard workers...and both should succeed. I like Ryans overall play, but I think Greenway is a better athlete.

One LB that is maybe more of an athlete than either of these two is Bama's other LB, Freddie Roach....wait til combines on that guy.

I think Roach is actuelly slower than both of them. Although he has good instincts and is big. I think he would fit nice in our system and wouldnt mind picking him up in the 4th or so

I really like Greenway but he probably will be gone by the time we pick. If he is there no doubt we pick him, this is my top guy for us to pick in Rd.1

I like Carpenter alot, at the end of the college season I was hoping to bag him in the 2nd but he keep climbing up many draft boards and is likely a late 1st now. We will see after the combine but think he is a bit of a reach for us at 16.

Ryans is the guy I want right now after Greenway. He doesn't have the size or raw speed that Greenway has but he is a smart player, and like Zach he just has good football insticts.
I aslo belive he has that mean streak Saban likes. Greenway and Crowder can be a fearsome duo on the outside LB spots.
He also projects better if we continue with the 4-3 hybrid scheme, and not a true 3-4. I like the 4-3 hybrid and hope we continue that style, but with the addition of Capers it seems we might be gearing up to be a 3-4 defense.... but who knows really =) Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom