Chad Greenway | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Greenway

playmaker1 said:
I lost faith in him at the combine. Id rather get Lawson or Carpenter

I watched him play at Iowa for 3 years...... he is the real deal. The guy is a total ball hawk. He makes big plays and has the natural intangibles to get in the right place at the right time. I think we need to remember this is football and not track. That stopwatch doesn't measure the things that make the great ones great. Plus he had a good senior bowl. When the pads go on this guy knows what's going on.

The sleeper that I like at LB would be Greenways counterpart Abdul Hodge. This guy is a run stuffing machine. I think if we picked him up in the 3rd or 4th (if he's available) it would be a great pick up. I really think he will become a nice addition for somebody. I don't have any clue what his stock is in the draft but I never hear anything about him so hopefully he'll slip far enough in the draft that we could pick him up.

playmaker1 said:
I lost faith in him at the combine. Id rather get Lawson or Carpenter
I can never understand thinking like this. So someone who people have seen playing for 3 years suddenly doesn't run as fast in a straight line as some other guys and doesn't benchpress as many reps and he becomes a bad player?
Last time I checked they played football in the NFL. It's not a track meet or a strength competition, there is more to a football player than combine numbers. Just because someone can run faster than you in a straight line from a standing start or can benchpress 225lb more times than you does not make them a better football player than you.

Huffer said:
The sleeper that I like at LB would be Greenways counterpart Abdul Hodge. This guy is a run stuffing machine. I think if we picked him up in the 3rd or 4th (if he's available) it would be a great pick up. I really think he will become a nice addition for somebody. I don't have any clue what his stock is in the draft but I never hear anything about him so hopefully he'll slip far enough in the draft that we could pick him up.
The only problem I have with Hodge is that he's a lot like Zach Thomas and is better suited for the 4-3 than the 3-4.

Springveldt said:
I can never understand thinking like this. So someone who people have seen playing for 3 years suddenly doesn't run as fast in a straight line as some other guys and doesn't benchpress as many reps and he becomes a bad player?
Last time I checked they played football in the NFL. It's not a track meet or a strength competition, there is more to a football player than combine numbers. Just because someone can run faster than you in a straight line from a standing start or can benchpress 225lb more times than you does not make them a better football player than you.

Damn straight. If Cutler is suffering from hype, Greenway is suffering from anti-hype. This guy can flat out play. Also...he had more tackles than AJ Hawk did last year.

Back
Top Bottom