Chambers' Blocking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers' Blocking

dgreene

Practice Squad
Reaction score
After re-watching the Colts game, I couldn't help but notice the outstanding blocking by Chris Chambers. Even though he was close to blocking in the back a couple times, Chambers was a vital component on Ricky breaking some big runs and receptions. So even though he's not piling up the big receiving yardage numbers yet, Chambers has still been a huge part of the offense. His size against corners isn't just big running routes, but also on blocking. You just didn't see much of this from our wideouts last year. Keep it up!

YES!

... and his best block wasn't really even a block, on RW's TD reception to make the score 21-3 Phins. All Chambers had to do was slow down to hold up the DB's from making a huge hit on RW's. He's a very smart guy, sometimes all you have to do is be in space to affect the out come of a play.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dgreene
After re-watching the Colts game, I couldn't help but notice the outstanding blocking by Chris Chambers. Even though he was close to blocking in the back a couple times, Chambers was a vital component on Ricky breaking some big runs and receptions. So even though he's not piling up the big receiving yardage numbers yet, Chambers has still been a huge part of the offense. His size against corners isn't just big running routes, but also on blocking. You just didn't see much of this from our wideouts last year. Keep it up!

I think right now teams are going to pick on Gadsden and Chambers and force us to use Ricky, while hoping their D line works. Well so far we've proven them wrong. So right now, Chambers is doing a great job of helping the team out with blocking and being a "decoy" so to speak. But once teams start to respect the running attack, you'll see CC open up a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom