Chambers: Give me the ball, please | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers: Give me the ball, please

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Chambers: Give me the ball, please By Todd Archer, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
"It's going to be a great year for him," Ford said. "A big year."
hoepfully this article is right and Chambers is ooo so close to being a 1K yard possible Pro Bowl WR. If that happens, we will have a killer team. I have been real worried about CC after 2002, but this article made me feel better that he was just not prepared well enough to play last year; and that now that he is healed for the whole off season, he and Jay can get on the same page every play :D

another good CC article

Chambers and McMichael yearn for larger roles in Miami offense By Ethan J. Skolnick
"We need to use everybody," Chambers says. "Don't slow down. Sometimes we can be conservative, if we're up, got a lead. I think we should go in there and just blow people out, man. Don't turn down the pressure none."

"Send a message," McMichael says.

"I'm serious," Chambers says. "I think we just got a team where we can score 40-something points a game and get it over with. And if we do have a tough time, we got the defense that can back us up. If we have the attitude like that every week ..."

"The Miami Dolphins are coming to town, and we're playing!" McMichael says.
sounds like we have a couple of 24 year old that know more than the coach :evil:

I hope they both have good years and stay healthy all year.

i think chambers will put up pro bowl numbers for you guys this year. if used properly, he should have around 1200-1300 yards.. yes.. in this offense, that should be doable, imho.

Dave Wannstedt's long-held philosophy was to run the ball and play defense. After last season's failings, he said he realizes now that the Dolphins have to "pass to score points and run to win the game."

Well Dave the problem is on second half when just want to run the ball become too conservative and predictable on offense.

There are legitimate reasons for a "sophomore slump," in the best of circumstances. Very often, as in Chambers' case, players will be going from playing supporting roles, battling second and third corners, to drawing the opponent's #1 cover guy. Sheer athleticism can lift some kids past the guys they play as rookies, but they gotta damn well be football players before they regularly get the best of a #1 NFL corner.

I don't think anyone could begrudge a guy some extra time to work out the effects of Kennedy's assualt, either... but I do think he'll soon put that behind him, if he hasn't already.

I fully expect Chambers to be significantly better this year than last. It is possible that some premiere db's will still get the better of him, but, then, he's still got some learnin' ahead of him.

1100 would seem reasonable for Chambers seeing as there are so many more people we can and will throw too.

McM should have a big role this year in Norvs O scheme.

I'm honored. One of the things I really appreciate about this place is how many fans of other teams hang out here who really do want to talk about the football.

Tat... I love you, man.

Geez, we must all be high on training camp fumes...

In that first article Ford mentioned how Chambers legs collapse after the catch,I have always noticed that! He should be the kind of reciever who jukes and jives....and maybe if he puts enough muscle on he can master the stiff arm. Then he would be and extreme threat. (even more so)

Chambers and McMichaels both should have great years IF the coaches let them. That's a big if. In the article that's posted, they both blame the coaches for taking them out of the games towards the end of the year.
:fire: :fire:

Chambers is built like a RB. He s/b more like Moulds as far as YPC goes, he just needs sometime to develop better balance after the catch. Last year was not his fault for the most part. Given the right play calling he should have a great year

Chambers reminds me of Moss. .

Chambers isn't tall but DAMN the kid has some vert. .

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Wait...wait..

TATONKA!!???? said something positive about the Fins?

*faints*

pffft... i have said plenty of positive things about the fins.. i honestly dont hate the fish at all.. i just want them to lose to the bills.. :D

Originally posted by JeffJewell
I'm honored. One of the things I really appreciate about this place is how many fans of other teams hang out here who really do want to talk about the football.

Tat... I love you, man.

Geez, we must all be high on training camp fumes...

:cry: l love you too man.. :cry:

Originally posted by gunn34
Chambers and McMichaels both should have great years IF the coaches let them.

that would be the only reason that chambers shouldnt break 1k in yardage, imho.. i dont care how good ricky plays.. you have to get the ball to your best wr.. and chambers is by far your best wr.

Originally posted by dolphan39
Chambers is built like a RB. He s/b more like Moulds as far as YPC goes, he just needs sometime to develop better balance after the catch. Last year was not his fault for the most part. Given the right play calling he should have a great year

i can honestly say that chambers does have plenty of valid excuses for not putting up good numbers last year..

dont compare him to moulds though.. that is like compairing moore to spikes :D jk.

Back
Top Bottom