Chambers not agressive enough | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers not agressive enough

Originally posted by phinfan_1

Yes, I have it on tape. Yeah not after he had to slow down to a stop to make a play on the ball. If he was able to keep his stride and run under the ball it would of been an easy TD.

Muck says the ball traveled 55 yrds. You say, Chambers had to slow down. Two questions, how far did the ball travel?(since you taped it) And how far in your estimation would the ball be needed to be thrown to hit Chambers in stride?

BB

Originally posted by phinfan_1

Yes, I have it on tape. Yeah not after he had to slow down to a stop to make a play on the ball. If he was able to keep his stride and run under the ball it would of been an easy TD.

Soo. Are you saying its the quarterback's fault, when considering that they are constantly under pressure?

IMO The bottom line is:

Every ball thrown is not going to be perfect as we all would like.
It comes with the territory. That is part of being a receiver.

If the ball is under or over thrown, it is the receiver's responsibility to ATTEMPT to get to the ball the best way he can. This includes "jump balls", especially if the receiver has more size than the defender. That is what Finneran did against Fletcher.

The way to go about that is to try to gain leverage. At the same time, the defender is trying to get into the best position himself.

Yeah! Quarterbacks can also be at fault, aside from sacks and interceptions, but a receiver can also mean the difference between an interception and a catch.

:)

Chambers' injury last year was not a result of an underthrown pass. I think we've seen that play enough to know that. :(

I would have liked to have seen Fiedler throw it farther and lead him. But at 55 yards, the WR takes on added responsibility IMO for bringing the ball in. And everything we're hearing on TV indicates that it was an intended to be a jump ball (we'll never I know I suppose).

The fact remains........if Chambers puts his arms up in the air (instead of having his elbows at his side), Chambers is the only one who gets his hands on the ball.

I'd suggest we forget what he has done his rookie season and evaluate from the day he started.

Chambers has been mediocre at best in the #1 receiver spot. His natural position may be the slot position....he excelled at it during his rookie season.
I think McKnight should be #1....he plays like a #1.

For those who think that was a bad pass, this is the NFL, receivers are suppose to jump up and get the damn football. In that particular throw, it is a standard battle of who wants the ball more, Chambers lost that battle....in more vulger words, he went out like a punk.

Back
Top Bottom