Chambers not agressive enough | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers not agressive enough

He's not aggressive enough? Have you guys forgotten that it's only preseason football? Maybe Chambers remembers when he was leveled in Denver, and how easy it is to hurt yourself as a Wide Reciever. He's probably not being "aggressive enough" because he doesn't want to get hurt before the season actually starts...

Originally posted by bdwgroove
Both Maddog and Howard David kept stating during the game that Chambers has to be more agressive going up for the ball. He's getting alot of criticism for that and the Big O has fielded a few calls on that subject on the post game and he agrees. Outside of the O-line play this seems the biggest complaint of the night for a lot of people

Yup I havet o agree. I'm officially concerned with Chambers.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Gonk
He's not aggressive enough? Have you guys forgotten that it's only preseason football? Maybe Chambers remembers when he was leveled in Denver, and how easy it is to hurt yourself as a Wide Reciever. He's probably not being "aggressive enough" because he doesn't want to get hurt before the season actually starts...

...Maybe Chambers remembers when he was leveled in Denver, and how easy it is to hurt yourself as a Wide Reciever.
EXACTLY
...Maybe Chambers should forget when he was leveled in Denver, and how easy it is to hurt yourself as a Wide Reciever.
Only then will he emerge as more then a 2nd WR (which IMO is how he's playing now).

He's playing it too safe on the field. That does not fair well for our deep passing game. If he continues to do this, the team will take another fall. He's been playing it too safe since he returned from that hard hit.

Chambers focus was one my key points to watch in this game. While I haven't lost complete confidence in Chris I am disappointed in what he's shown so far. Yeah, it's preseaon and I don't feel the outcome of the games mean much, however I just don't see how at this level, how a player can expect to turn it on immediately when the season starts.
I guess I believe in the old addage "You play the way you practice you practice the way you play"

Brady had 3TD's yesterday. I believe Chambers didn't have enough thrown his way in pre season to make an evaluation. The throw at issue in this thread was knocked away by the defender. That's not Chambers fault. True when I first saw the play I said Damn Chris. But the replay clearly showed the defender get a hand on it as Chambers was making a strectching grab. My bigger concern is Fiedler and the weak link on secondary which is fletcher. Fiedler is throwing underneath too much and is too concerned about keeping his job and not throwing int's this pre season.

There isn't anything to worry about....yet. It is only preseason. If Chambers isn't aggressive enough during the regular season, and won't go for balls because he thinks he will get hurt, then we will have a problem.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
There isn't anything to worry about....yet. It is only preseason. If Chambers isn't aggressive enough during the regular season, and won't go for balls because he thinks he will get hurt, then we will have a problem.

That is what I was thinking as I read through this thread. Not too much longer for the days of reckoning. Then we will have the answers to our questions. Although this thread is about Chambers, no one mentioned anything about Ricky's running last night. Not that it is a problem...Its preseason, and too early to read something into nothing. :)

I have been saying this for two years now.....Chambers is way too passive.

OJ McDuffie was a 190 lb reciever who played like he was 215
Chris Chambers is a 215lb reciever who plays like he is 180.

It doesn't matter whether Fiedler throws a duck out there. The reciever can't expect a perfect pass. He must go after every ball, whether it is good, bad or downright ugly. Marino would make the Marks bros. look good by threading the needle, but then they also went after the ball with venom.

Against New England last year, there are a number of reasons that the Phins lost. However, if Chambers is agressive against Buckley on that final Phin drive.....we are in the playoffs. Chambers got beaten physically by 175 lb Terrell Buckley.

Someone needs to stick a rocket up this guys butt. He can either be the fly or the windscreen, and right now he is the fly. Jees, someone start a fight with him in practice, or something........... I am growing a little tired of people excusing Chris 'peace and love' Chambers. Does he deserve this season to prove himself.....YES he does. But has his performance so far been promising.....anything but.

The Miami passing game needs a number one reciever. When we acquired Thompson, I really thought that he could be the man. My opinion hasn't changed. IMHO, but the end of this year, it will be Thompson who is the Michael Irvin of this offense, not Chambers. Chris is currently a long way away from being number one material.

Hopefully, Thompson will emerge as the go to guy, resulting in Chambers having more big play opportunities.

Do or do not...........there is no try.

I would think that the coaches would know best, and if Chambers had issues he would not be that high up on the depth chart. He is not there by name, because he truly has not established himself as a premier receiver. But everyone has their own timetable. He will feel some pressure to elevate his game if the other receivers continue to improve, though it should not be necessary.

JR Tolver looks really good. Even Derrius Thompson might supplant Orande and looks really good. But I think the fans and the media hypes up a player before he is ready for primetime, based on one stellar year. Chambers has the P-O-T-E-N-T-I-A-L to be a great receiver. But not all players with the potential end up being great. So I will just sit back and watch.

This season would be the one for Chambers to establish himself, barring injuries and luck to anyone on the offense.

I was happy with Chambers effort on that play, Buchanan made a good play on an underthrown pass.The thing that made me made was the throw. Chambers would have had his man beat by a mile, he was flyin. Fiedler constantly under throws the deep balls. I don't remember one time when Chambers got to run under the ball after he had his man beat. Not only with Chambers but all the receivers. Same thing happened last year when he got hurt on an underthrown pass. If he could throw the deep ball as well as he throws the short passes he'd be one of the best QB's in the NFL.

Originally posted by phinphan
I have been saying this for two years now.....Chambers is way too passive.

OJ McDuffie was a 190 lb reciever who played like he was 215
Chris Chambers is a 215lb reciever who plays like he is 180.

It doesn't matter whether Fiedler throws a duck out there. The reciever can't expect a perfect pass. He must go after every ball, whether it is good, bad or downright ugly. Marino would make the Marks bros. look good by threading the needle, but then they also went after the ball with venom.

Against New England last year, there are a number of reasons that the Phins lost. However, if Chambers is agressive against Buckley on that final Phin drive.....we are in the playoffs. Chambers got beaten physically by 175 lb Terrell Buckley.

Someone needs to stick a rocket up this guys butt. He can either be the fly or the windscreen, and right now he is the fly. Jees, someone start a fight with him in practice, or something........... I am growing a little tired of people excusing Chris 'peace and love' Chambers. Does he deserve this season to prove himself.....YES he does. But has his performance so far been promising.....anything but.

I agree.You make alot sense and the top receivers in this league go after the ball no matter how bad the throw was.

Originally posted by phinfan_1
I was happy with Chambers effort on that play, Buchanan made a good play on an underthrown pass.The thing that made me made was the throw. Chambers would have had his man beat by a mile, he was flyin. Fiedler constantly under throws the deep balls. I don't remember one time when Chambers got to run under the ball after he had his man beat. Not only with Chambers but all the receivers. Same thing happened last year when he got hurt on an underthrown pass. If he could throw the deep ball as well as he throws the short passes he'd be one of the best QB's in the NFL.

He did not have his man beat by a mile. WTF were you watching?

Originally posted by FFiB

He did not have his man beat by a mile. WTF were you watching?

Yes, I have it on tape. Yeah not after he had to slow down to a stop to make a play on the ball. If he was able to keep his stride and run under the ball it would of been an easy TD.

Back
Top Bottom