Chambers performance | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers performance

PhinfanBo1

Scout Team
Reaction score
This guy is one of the main reasons why I think this team has a MUCH better chance of not only winning the division, but doing some damage in the playoffs, than last season. Everyone knows he has all the skills; the powerful 210 pound build, 4.3 speed, great leaping ability and long arms. Now, he seems to be pulling everything together. He is running the best routes I've ever seen him run, he is adjusting to the football on the deep throws, like he did his rookie season, and now positioning his body beautifully on the intermediate routes as well. His hands look great, he has a full understanding of the offense. And, finally, let the stats speak for themselves: 11 catches, 209 yards, 2 TD's in 2 games. That translates to 88 catches for 1672 yards and 16 touchdowns over a full season. He has had, I believe, 5 catches of over 20 yards. Didn't he have something like 2 or 3 in the second half of the season last year? Him and Jay are clicking, and Norv is doing everything he can to get him the football. Watch out.

Well he doesn't really run a 4.3 he runs about a true 4.4 and his route running isn't really crisp either, but what he's doing out there is what he did as a rookie...he's going out there and just making plays. He's concentrating on going out there and being the better athlete every time he goes up against someone and that is what is paying dividends. I know to be really good you have to concentrate on "the little things" but last year I think maybe he concentrated too much on those little things and didn't focus enough on what put him in position to be one of the hottest rookie WR prospects the NFL has ever seen...his god given ability. His catching is superb which he has now shown two weeks in a row, and the guy can make plays after the catch now.

5'11 1/2
212 pounds
4.38 40-time
45' veticle

Those were his combine #'s

That stop and turn move he made against Mikens was awesome. Made my jaw drop.

He's gonna get doubled next week. Why? DT and McKnight have a combined 2 catches this year.

I do not know about that. They will be focusing on Ricky with that safety and Coy Wire is a big hitter not a speed safety. Chambers and Clements are going to have a face off.

DT better start catching some balls when they hit em in the hands. He made a good catch early on..but I think that was about it. Hopefully we are keeping him under the radar :D

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

2? Did I miss one?

Nah. I meant for the season. McKnight had 1 last week, DT had one this week..

McDrops is back to his old self. I can't believe he dropped that pass against NY. It pretty much landed right in his hands. All he had to do was close his hands together and catch it. We need to use Chambers as our #1 reciever, Ricky as our #2 and McMichael as our #3. We should only pass to Thompson or McKnight if we absolutely have to.

We have one of the best TE's in the AFC, and we're not using him a lot. We need to get some more balls to Randy.

Originally posted by Gonk
McDrops is back to his old self. I can't believe he dropped that pass against NY. It pretty much landed right in his hands. All he had to do was close his hands together and catch it.

The one along the right sideline? Only one I remember going to him that safety would have gotten Pass Interferance if he hadn't turned his head.

How fast is Randy? How come we don't have him on LBs? He can be nasty when given the chance.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

The one along the right sideline? Only one I remember going to him that safety would have gotten Pass Interferance if he hadn't turned his head.

I just watched that play on the tape(since no one is gonna score in the TB-CAR game for another 5 hours). Garnes grabbed his arm before the ball got to him.

Also, the Chambers play on the sideline.. Whoever was on the coverage(I think it was Beasley), cut his route off big time.

But in the end, we won.. so whatever. :D

He was on linebackers, how do you think he got that touchdown catch today?

Chambers will never be considered a 4.3 guy. That is reserved for the likes of Laveraneous Coles or Santana Moss. He's a 4.4 guy which is plenty fast enough when you consider the truth of the matter which is that most guys running around out there in the NFL are 4.5 guys who have pumped up 40 times as the result of months of track training and/or running on a fast track in cleats etc.

That catch along the sidelines that McKnight dropped...yeah, he could have caught the ball, but it was tipped on the way to J-Mac's hands which makes it understandable if he didn't get his hands around the ball within the microsecond between when it was tipped and when it hit his chest. Basically its a catch I think that Chris Chambers would have made, and its a good reason why James McKnight is not Chris Chambers.

Yes, McM had a TD, but wasn't that it? That's the only catch I remember him getting all day.

Back
Top Bottom