Chambers performance | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers performance

Originally posted by ckparrothead
That catch along the sidelines that McKnight dropped...yeah, he could have caught the ball, but it was tipped on the way to J-Mac's hands which makes it understandable if he didn't get his hands around the ball within the microsecond between when it was tipped and when it hit his chest. Basically its a catch I think that Chris Chambers would have made, and its a good reason why James McKnight is not Chris Chambers.
We pay this guy a million a year. He should make those catches, or else we should just not pass it to him. Like I said earlier, there should be four other guys to get the ball before McKnight is even thought of. Chambers, Ricky, Randy and Thompson are all quality recievers.

Thompson needs to actually prove it. Get the ball to Konrad more.

I forgot about Konrad. He is one of the best FB's in the league, we definetly need to get him the ball more. I think they are trying to lay low on him until his hand is fully healed though.

I dont think Konrad is one of the best FB's in the league, but I think he needs to play a little bit bigger. The gets tackle if a defender looks at him wrong. He should take some hits, that's his job. He's a damned fullback.

Konrad did catch a screen today that is normally reserved for Ricky Williams. Thing is the defense, when it comes to a pass, doesn't usually play the two RBs much differently be it Rob Konrad or Ricky Williams. So if you've got the choice of which guy to throw it to, Ricky or Rob, and the defense isn't playing any tighter on one than the other, wouldn't you MUCH rather toss it to Ricky Williams?

Randy McMichael had 3 catches on the day, which makes him the most active receiver next to Chris Chambers and Ricky Williams.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
I dont think Konrad is one of the best FB's in the league, but I think he needs to play a little bit bigger. The gets tackle if a defender looks at him wrong. He should take some hits, that's his job. He's a damned fullback.

I think he's still playing with a pin in his finger. He'll pick it up when his hand heals.

Originally posted by Disgustipate

Last year he showed how destructive he can be catching the ball. He had 30+ rec's for 200+ yds and 3 TD's. He's also very good blocking for Ricky. I think all around, he's one of the best.

Back to Chambers. I like him but wish that he would stay on his feet. He has the habit of jumping up as he catches the ball which gives the DB's an extra step on him and costs him momentum.

On the sideline route that he stopped and spun around to the middle that was classic.

Originally posted by finfan77

On the sideline route that he stopped and spun around to the middle that was classic.
Damn straight. So was that first step on the 57-yarder last week! And of course that catch last week was. CC Da Classical Monsta..

I like Konrad out of the backfield :D

He should get the ball atleast 2 or 3 more times a game. Take the focus off Ricky a little bit.

Chambers is looking awesome so far and now we don't only have Ricky, we have Ricky, Chambers, McMichael, Konrad, and more weapons to use on offense.
The real question is, if teams start to double or even triple Chambers, can Thompson step up his game.
Plus, I really want to see what Tolver can do. I hope we actually use him this year.
Anyway, great job Chambers!
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom