Champions League Draw | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Champions League Draw

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=308211&cc=5901

Group A has two of the semifinalists from last year's Champions League but Monaco lost a lot so I don't really know what to expect out of them. I would expect Deportivo and Liverpool to advance from there.

Group B probably isn't the toughest one but Real Madrid is pretty good and I think AS Roma will probably be capable of going through in that group as well.

Group C is pretty solid although Maccabi Tel Aviv is a lot worse than the rest of the clubs there. Still, Juventus and Bayern Munich are on a level above Ajax who sucked in last year's CL. There are other groups that I think Ajax could advance from but I doubt they will advance in this group.

Manchester United got really lucky with their draw in Group D, I would expect them and Lyon to go through. Arsenal also got a lucky draw and I would expect them and PSV to go through.

Group F will have Larsson play against his old club. Celtic beat Barcelona in the UEFA Cup last year but I wouldn't expect them to have the same success this time around. AC Milan have to be the favorites in this group, and I would expect them and Barca to get past this stage.

Group G is pretty strong IMO with the German and Spanish champions along with Inter and Belgian champions Anderlecht. Inter spends a lot of money but doesn't really do anything. Valencia is a very good club and I would expect them to advance along with Werder Bremen. Bremen did lose their best player in Ailton over the summer but they have looked pretty good so far in the Bundesliga.

Group H could be pretty interesting. Abramovich owns Chelsea and his company sponsors CSKA Moscow. I've also heard that Abramovich owns part of CSKA (I may be wrong about this one) so I've heard that one club may have to drop out of the CL and he would decide which one. I know his company has a huge sponsorship deal with CSKA and that they gave so much money to the club as a donation. Also, this group has Porto who won this thing last year (they lost a ton of talent though) and PSG who are pretty solid as well. If any group is going to be really close, I have a feeling this will be the one. I would expect Chelsea and Porto to advance.

Back
Top Bottom