championships aren't won on paper! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

championships aren't won on paper!

LOL, the AFCE has been cursed for so damn long.
Besides the Pats, every team in the division has dealt with pain for DECADES. As much as I hate the Jets, Bills and Patsies, we all share common bond when it comes to playoff futility and dissapointment.
Yes, the Dolphins have been able to maintain winning records for decades at a time, but at the end of day, we pretty much all have the same thing to show for it- NOTHING.

god i love realists.. bumrush gets my vote for best poster of the year.

From the shallows of the swamps came a man amongst the fish fans. Finally a fin fan that makes sense and doesn't talk about wilderbeests and jillyfans. Where have you been bumrush...lol:)

hey tatonka, it should be called the music city ripoff. granted i hate the bills but i was ashamed to be an nfl fan that day. that was an illegal fwd pass imo. the best team didnt when that day.
the nfl has a sad history of blowed calls they turn into so called great plays or great game legend.
1st immaculate reception should be deception it was an illegal touch of the ball.
2. the rice fumble that was not called led to stokes last second td, costed the pack a trip to sb.
3. music city rip off. nuff said.
4. brady fumble yeah it was a fumble nfl wiggled out on a tec.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by phinfan2003
As phinfans, I'm sure we are all excited about this offseason and we just can't wait for the season to start. Some of us (including myself) feel that we are ready to make a run for the championship.

But let's be very careful. Even though we have the players to win it all, let's not get ahead of ourselves. There are 31 other teams who are preparing just as hard and you never know what can happen. A key injury here, a breakout season by some rookie there and we're looking at another team making a run at the championship. As much as I hate to admit it, the Patriots won the super bowl 2 years ago and they weren't even close to the most talented team in the league. In my opinion, we had a better team than them that year.

I've been waiting over 20 years for the dolphins to win the championship and I'm sure I'm going to lose it when they do. I just don't want to walk around thinking we're going to win it all (like I did in 1995) simply because we look great on paper.

No, but if you do not have it setup on paper you have NO CHANCE to win it for real.

Oliver...

Tatonka and JoshReed, are you saying that this year you don't expect great things out of your Bills team...in the past I can understand your temperment, but after your emotional post earlier today Tonka on= has the bills improved..I know you think they are a special team..so for those finfans who are just as wild and very enthusiasic about this team, don't you think you'll find just as many Bills Fan are apes about the bills and saying that they will win it all this year...Hell just about any fan board who teams have improved in the offseason is probably talking SB right about now..and isn't this what makes the game so great, the loyal backing of the fans, who really make the sport a sport. So if you find one fan who has tempered his enthusiasm, simple because they been disappointed before, does that really make him a great poster, or does it show the varying opinions and feeling of fans..I say all fans are great poster, because they took the time to even join a fan base message board and they wanted to know about their team and share with others their opinions..even you guys are great fans, trying, like the rest of us to keep up with the different teams, measuring what you think vs what someone else thinks. Think about it. Just because u don't agree with a fan..doesn't make him wrong..as far as that fan is concerned, his team is the greatest..nothing wrong with that, is there..it's just their opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know this md.. and you make good points..

i really just wanted to point someone out who had been broken by the bad fish seasons! :D

jk..

very good point though.. if you are even here typing about this stuff, you are a good fan.. imho..

im tired of everyone saying we lacked heart. its the coaches fault we lost in the second half of last season. they started playing soft prevent defenses once we got up by big and the other team easily came back. this year if they call the same type of defenses the whole game we should win quite a few.

Originally posted by Flipper34
im tired of everyone saying we lacked heart. its the coaches fault we lost in the second half of last season. they started playing soft prevent defenses once we got up by big and the other team easily came back. this year if they call the same type of defenses the whole game we should win quite a few.

Flpper, I hear ya, but the coaches don't play on the field, the players do..whether they're in a prevent D or not, they have to execute, they looked scared at the end..Heart is making a play despite the circumstances..Only the players can do that..and the coaches didn't put them in bad position not to do that. The coaches didn't get penalties at inopportune times, the players did. The coaches didn't drop passes or miss wide open WR's or fumble..the players did..They've got to dig deep within themselves and stay discipline and execute....PERIOD.

Back
Top Bottom