• average job-anyone else could have done it

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • horrible job as coach and needs to be replaced as soon as possible

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

finman006

4th qtr. clutch
Reaction score
with all the mess lately about teams moving around. what is the possibility we could lose the dolphins in the near future.

Just about none. The key here is that Huizenga owns the stadium. Sometimes you have to take the bitter with the sweet.

Wanstedt, while conservative, has proven to be a VERY quality coach. Dude even won Coach of the Year with the Bears. Now here is the tricky part. He will NEVER be considered a candidate for Executive of the Year. He just doen't have the ability, for whatever reason, to be a top flight GM. That is where Spielman comes in, and while he isn't actually the GM, and doesn't have the final say, he really does all the work of the GM with Wanny. Without Spielman we'd be in trouble.

Wanny is a good coach, he just isn't a good GM.

wanny has done twice what jimmy never did...win 11 games...the thing i like about wanny is that he has no ego..and the players seem to like him and respect him...

i can't respect a guy who looks like this though!

<-------------------------------------------------------

j/k

You know in the world of Finance anything can happen..If I remember correctly..it wasn't that long ago that Mr. H was looking for a partner for the dolphins..even though publicly it was because of estate planning..you really never know..but I hope and pray the phins are always in Miami\Ft. Lauderdale area.
Could you imagine them moving to Georgia and being the whatever city of Georgia Dolphins.

you guys won't loose them, and if you do they will be replaced within 2 years; similar to the browns... you guys have a long rich history so i wouldn't worry about losing them! ;)

I don't think Wanny...

...has done anything remarkable (since we should have seen him be more hands on when master Bates wasn't cutting it in a few of last season's games on D and less said about Chan Gailey's offense the better). Unlike the Patsie's Bellichick he isn't a difference maker once the game has started. If he hasn't won it in preparation he isn't going to win it on the day IMO.

The Dolphins are one of the most successful organisations in sports and have great attendance figures even when they aren't sold out. Where could you go and do better? They're going nowhere:D

This should have been two threads: One on Wanny and the other on the moving thing. What the heck though, I'll run with it.

As far as Wanny goes, he has done very well and deserves to be extended but I wouldn't say that he's done an excellent job...yet. If the 'Phins make it to the SB, or even the AFC title game, I believe he would take the next step in becoming an upper eschelon coaches.

To the moving issue. I would hate to see the 'Phins move...unless they wound up here in LA. :D I think there's little or no chance of that ever happening any time in the near future.

Originally posted by Expo88
This should have been two threads: One on Wanny and the other on the moving thing.

Wanny - he's become a better coach each year and learned from his mistakes. Right now he is in the top 10, but we need win it all or at least get to the SB to move him up higher.

On moving - I agree that "there's little or no chance of that ever happening any time in the near future. "

This is a no brainer....

Since the arrival of D.W. the Dolphins have improved. Not just on offense, but on defense as well.

Jimmy never focused on offense, and Shula never focused on defense. Now we have a coach who does both.

D. Wannstedt is an excellent head coach. This team has never been more balanced since his arrival. He deserves an extension...

The Dolphins will never leave Miami. Not in a million years!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

the fins are a strong team..... we could use more fans to show up at the home games.... but this is one of the nfl's best teams.... with a great 36 year history..

Back
Top Bottom