Chances Miami trades up with the Bills? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chances Miami trades up with the Bills?

TXFinFan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The way I see it, the Lions and the Cardinals are our biggest competition for Jay Cutler in the draft. They draft at #9 and #10 respectively.

What are the chances we trade up to #8 (Buffalo) if Cutler is still available there?

Or would Saban ever trade up for anybody?

Don't think it'll happen....

Saban doesn't seem like the kinda guy to trade up (giving up picks/players to do so)
Buffalo would want too much to drop down (especially to a rival).

The 49'rs are said to want to trade down. It might require Ricky to get there which I would probably be opposed to unless Saban REALLY felt that Cutler is a clear cut franchise QB.

However, I don't think Detroit can afford a rookie QB because if they struggle then Millen will be gone. If Tennessee takes Young/Leinart then they would probably be willing to deal Volek and the Matt Millen would be better off getting a veteran.

Heck, Millen could trade future picks for veterans because if the suck this year then he won't be around to clean up the mess anyway.

Arizona, in my opinion, is the biggest worry. They seem to like Warner but don't like McCown for some reason. If there is a big time RB there, I think they would have a hard time taking the QB. But who knows, I currently think that either Arizona will take Cutler (50/50 chance) or he drops to us.

Yeah I think the only spot we would trade up to would be to the 49ers at #7. I've heard rumors that they want to trade down. I don't think Saban would want to deal with the Bills.

TXFinFan said:
What about the #7 spot? Raiders or 49ers.

Cutler would have to have a great combine & senior bowl for him to be worth trading up. And if he does perform great then Arizona, Detroit, or another team will look to trade up as well and the bidding will be high. Cutler fans need to hope he performs adequate enough so that Saban won't pass at over at #16 but not so great others will want him ahead of us.

According to the draft value chart I googled a move up to #7 would cost us our #16, 2nd & 3rd for SF/OAK's #7 and 6th. That's just for equal value and a trade up may cost us more than that.

If Cutler continues to rise after the Senior Bowls and workouts, then I would not be surprised to see Saban trade up for either him or one of the other two QBs. Saban loves his draft picks, but I think he knows just how important it is to bring in a franchise QB.

sports24/7 said:
If Cutler continues to rise after the Senior Bowls and workouts, then I would not be surprised to see Saban trade up for either him or one of the other two QBs. Saban loves his draft picks, but I think he knows just how important it is to bring in a franchise QB.
I want Cutler as well and if we can trade up, which we'll have to, great, but if not, my 2nd choice is Michael Huff from Texas.. this just sounds like Saban's kind of player. Read this.

Michael Huff
DB, Texas

A versatile 6-1, 205-pounder capable of playing all four secondary positions, he was Texas' answer to former Oklahoma nemesis Roy Williams. Huff’s high football IQ allowed him to serve as an on-field coordinator, switching the 'Horns in and out of plays and calling his own number on blitzes (including on the key 4th and 2 Rose Bowl stop).

Eshlemon said:
Cutler would have to have a great combine & senior bowl for him to be worth trading up. And if he does perform great then Arizona, Detroit, or another team will look to trade up as well and the bidding will be high. Cutler fans need to hope he performs adequate enough so that Saban won't pass at over at #16 but not so great others will want him ahead of us.

According to the draft value chart I googled a move up to #7 would cost us our #16, 2nd & 3rd for SF/OAK's #7 and 6th. That's just for equal value and a trade up may cost us more than that.

Wow! I don't think Saban would give up that much to move up. I guess we''l just hope that Arizona falls in love with Lendale White or Deangelo Williams, and that Detroit is too scared to start over with a new QB.

TXFinFan said:
Wow! I don't think Saban would give up that much to move up. I guess we''l just hope that Arizona falls in love with Lendale White or Deangelo Williams, and that Detroit is too scared to start over with a new QB.
Let's just keep our fingers crossed.. I hear alot of people talking about Detroit taking him, but, does Millen really want to try and start over with a rookie QB knowing that with their lack of talent on Defense, it will still be another 2-3 years before they are able to compete. I don't think Matt has that long... if I'm him I go Defense and give Harrington or Garcia one more chance with Jones and those recievers ...

.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance we trade up at all! So stop writing threads about it! If we were going to trade up, we would have last year and taken Alex Smith.

NEW-ERA-PHIN said:
.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance we trade up at all! So stop writing threads about it! If we were going to trade up, we would have last year and taken Alex Smith.

.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%, huh?

So you're saying there's a chance? ;)

I don't think trading up is Saban's style. Especially not for a prospect as risky as Cutler. I suspect that the reason Saban brought in Mueller was to unearth a gem somewhere outside of the 1st round.

I doubt the Bills would trade up/down with a division rival....Saban will likely stay put...there was not a lot of trading up or down in the 1st round last year.

Relax guys,Nick will get us our starter......we have to trust Saban.I don't think he'll be moving up but he could actually move down to get another pick or 2.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom