Chaney suspended for one game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chaney suspended for one game

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Temple coach John Chaney suspended himself Wednesday for one game and apologized for putting a player in against St. Joseph's a day earlier for the sole purpose of rough play and quick fouls.

Chaney offered the self-imposed one-game suspension after meeting with Temple president David Adamany and athletic director Bill Bradshaw. He will be replaced on the bench by assistant Dan Leibovitz for Saturday's game against Massachusetts.

"I would like to apologize to Saint Joseph's University, its fans, student-athletes and head coach Phil Martelli for my reprehensible behavior during Tuesday night's game," Chaney said in a statement. "I spoke with Coach Martelli today to voice my apology to him and his team."

Upset by what he thought were illegal screens by Saint Joseph's that were not being called by the officials, Chaney turned to seldom-used 6-foot-8, 250-pound Nehemiah Ingram to "send a message."

Ingram started throwing his arms around and tossing elbows, once connecting hard to the chin of Hawks center Dwayne Jones, and had a hard foul on John Bryant that left him sprawled on the court for several minutes.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/ncaa/02/23/bc.bkc.temple.chaneysus.ap/index.html

Back
Top Bottom