Changed draft priorities? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Changed draft priorities?

Slaine

Active Roster
Reaction score
IF Ricky signs - and it looks like a done deal - what will the 'Fins be concentrating on in the draft?

Will you be reaching for an OL or praying that a stud drops to your spot in the 3rd? Any thoughts?

Next week we'll probably have a better idea of what priorities remain.

There are several FA deals which we would like to see consummated soon, which would likely have an affect on draft priorities.

Wanny believes the draft is likely to be a good place to acquire safeties if we don't get back Brock Marion and the other safeties we're talking to prove too expensive.

RW can't do it alone, he needs help on the OL (but Kreutz beefs it up some if he decides he wants to live in the sun).

Maybe a poll could be started to see what position Miami should address with our 1st pick, if Olin and RW sign.

Originally posted by Slaine
IF Ricky signs - and it looks like a done deal - what will the 'Fins be concentrating on in the draft?

Will you be reaching for an OL or praying that a stud drops to your spot in the 3rd? Any thoughts?
If Kreutz signs, then a Safety, DE or still an depth on OL or depth at OLB.

Kreutz was picked in the third round by Dave and Spielman when they were in Chicago. Maybe we'll get lucky again this time.

Dave has had sucsess in draft OL in the 2nd and third rounds. I also feel that is where you build your teams. In those mid rounds.

as of now and if...

If Kreutz signs and the RW trade finally complete, then we have:
  • only 1 starting safety
  • 1 starting DE
  • no P
  • no PR

Punter should be decided by free agency. Either bring back Turk or sign Berger. Ward can return punts, but we could probably find a stud PR in the late rounds. Someone like Kansas State's Aaron Lockett. He is a great punt returner and probably won't be drafted until rounds 5 or 6 and might not be drafted at all. Supposedly, DG is moving to end but we definately need more depth there. I would take a safety, or o-lineman or OLB with our two 3rd round picks. The O-lineman from Cal is a stud who I think could fall to the 3rd round or so. Also, the safety position is filled pretty nicely as well. I really don't trust Rodgers and Greenwood on the outside and we don't have any depth at LB which is why I think a LB should be a top need right now.

imo Morlon has the tools.......just needs more play time. As far as Rodgers, sheesh, He`s certainly had plenty of time to develope.........would`nt mind an upgrade their. And we certainly do lack depth at lb. Yup.......safety, ol, lb & de. I`m happy with Fiedler.

Punters are a dime a dozen. It has always boggled my mind that these guys who have no other responsiblity than to drop the ball on the end of their foot and send it flying can't seem to do THAT on a consistent basis. Maybe if they used actual ATHLETES, punters would be worth some thing, otherwise one is just as good as another. No punter is worth more than the vet minimum.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Punters are a dime a dozen. It has always boggled my mind that these guys who have no other responsiblity than to drop the ball on the end of their foot and send it flying can't seem to do THAT on a consistent basis. Maybe if they used actual ATHLETES, punters would be worth some thing, otherwise one is just as good as another. No punter is worth more than the vet minimum.

IMO the only punter that deserved the great amount (for the time anyway) of money that he got was Danny White. He was the punter and the starting QB for Dallas for a couple of years. He wasn't the best at either postion, but he sure earned his paycheck.:monkey:

Back
Top Bottom