Character Problems | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Character Problems

GridIronKing34

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'm sure over time we'll realize that Saban did the right thing and moved on. When you look at the Dolphins organization, you'll notice that Saban made moves as an optimist. When you look at the college life, some coaches tend to bond to certain players that are troubled or don't have the perfect lifestyle so to speak. For example, he brought back Ricky Williams, whom was well known for his substance abuse problems. Then he brought in Channing Crowder and Marcus Vick and we all know about their character issues. I think Channing has went on to become a better person and player and the question mark is still on Marcus Vick. I've noticed that Saban seemed to be more willing to bring in the players that have caused trouble, done drugs, or went through major injury. I kind of wonder if he had the "teacher attitude" where he would get attached to certain players and wouldn't want to let them go. In my opinion, Saban was more of a high school teacher instead of a football coach. I think he let his own feelings get in the way of a football team, just like some teachers will let troubled students get in the way of their teachings because they want to help them. I'm glad to see him leave and I hope the best for him. I hope that we can move on from this... Because we really don't need all this publicity at the moment....

Character problems? Look right at saban and theres your character problem.

Interesting take though, and I think you have a good point and could be right.

There is definitely character issues there in being a person who can tell so many lies and can smile about it.

In terms of communicating with the media and public, Saban was one weird dude. Even Frerotte said he would just ramble on and never listen. Maybe he can bond with certain players that tolerate his gibberish and don't care that his an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom