Chargers pretty much state that Eli Manning will be their pick at #1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers pretty much state that Eli Manning will be their pick at #1

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
Coach Marty Schottenheimer was on ESPN earlier being interviewed about the draft. They asked him about a possible trade with the Giants, and Marty said that they will most likely keep the pick. Upon asking where they think Eli will fall, Marty said "he will be the #1 overall pick."

I wonder what happens when Eli refuses to play for SD... :roflmao:

XTRA 690 in San Diego Reports more on Manning not playing for Chargers

So they take him. He refuses to negotiate or report (not like he needs the money) so during preseason the Chargers look up trade opportunities, send him to us for OGUN, Fiedler, and our #1 in next years draft.

Today Hacksaw (broke the story yesterday) said on XTRA690 that Archie Manning said "Marty Ball" would not be a good fit for his son, and that the organization is in flux with no answers in sight. It appears that Marty S is losing a power struggle to their GM Smith.

Hacksaw also thought that the Chargers leaked the story because they wanted SD fans to understand why they may trade back and draft Rivers.

What a total mess in SD!

ps- on a side note, the Chargers and Giants are NOT close yet on a trade according to XTRA690.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mort said that Manning might be willing to sit out the entire year if the Chargers draft him. This draft is gonna be interesting to say the least...

Now, I've been against trading Ogunleye. Eli Manning is the one player in this draft that I would trade Ogunleye to get.

They're probably just talking out of their a$$es, in an attempt to get the teams who really want him to cough up a nice deal.

Jeez... could you imagine the Dolphins with Eli Manning? It's not going to happen, but wow.

Trading for Eli would be the samething as trading into the #1 overall spot. O-Gun, Fiedler and next years #1 wouldn't be enough I don't think.

Hacksaw? Hmmm anything he reports, be sure you have a salt lick handy. He constantly makes up rumors just for his own amusement, although, this one sounds about par for the course on all media fronts so I will lay off him this time. However, don't think of him as anything but an unreliable source.

Cannonboy said:
How about O-gun, Feilder and our #1 this year. Then sign Warner for insurance.

Warner? He's awful now, and I definitely wouldn't want him.

We are never going to get Eli Manning. It is nice to dream, but it's totally unrealistic. However, this is good news, Eli Manning should be a San Diego Charger if they want him. After what his father said, I hope he ends up in San Diego.

What exactly is wrong with San Diego? It is a beautiful place to live with an ideal climate and insanely hot women. So they have had a couple of down years, in the NFL one season's cellar dweller is next season's Super Bowl Champ. His brother went to Indy when they were nothing and turned them around. Eli needs to quit being a puss and try and do the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom