Chargers shut out Pats fans Only Southern Calif. residents to get seats | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers shut out Pats fans Only Southern Calif. residents to get seats

You're probably right but I guess I look at it differently. With the current CBA the high revenue teams are forced to share revenues with the smaller market lower revenue teams so in reality the NE fans who I would add pay some of the highest ticket prices in the league ARE subsidizing some of these teams just as the rest of the large market teams. The wealth in the NFL is in essence pooled in such ways that I can see some of the larger market teams take offense to such practices as this. If you were one of these large market owners wouldn't it piss you off to see your teams fans shut out from a playoff game especially when its to a team that you had to share part of your revenues with? (im not sayin that is the case here but it could be i'm not sure) It would me and I'm sure this isn't going to sit well with the Kraft family. I don't believe this can be something the league can just turn a blind eye to because if they do where does it end..eventually teams will not sell tickets to visiting teams fans during the regular season too. Is this really the way the NFL wants its business to run...I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Why on earth would Kraft care? He still gets his cut of the gate revnue no matter who buys the tickets. Im sure he got his share and has his owners box. This is such a non issue, Im sorry but its just whiny to be crying about this.

Why on earth would Kraft care? He still gets his cut of the gate revnue no matter who buys the tickets. Im sure he got his share and has his owners box. This is such a non issue, Im sorry but its just whiny to be crying about this.

Lets see perhaps because he was a fan way way before he ever bought the team. I think you underestimate Bob Krafts commitment to the fans in NE. Each time the pats have won the SB Kraft has carried that Lombardi for an appearence in each of the six NE states so the fans could actually see it up close. Does that sound like an owner who's only concern is the money?
I am not crying about this practice But that doesn't mean I think its the right way to go about business in the NFL but you are entitled to your opinion and I respect it thats what I asked for when I started this thread opinions.

Lets see perhaps because he was a fan way way before he ever bought the team. I think you underestimate Bob Krafts commitment to the fans in NE. Each time the pats have won the SB Kraft has carried that Lombardi for an appearence in each of the six NE states so the fans could actually see it up close. Does that sound like an owner who's only concern is the money?
I am not crying about this practice But that doesn't mean I think its the right way to go about business in the NFL but you are entitled to your opinion and I respect it thats what I asked for when I started this thread opinions.

Im not saying Kraft is all about the cash, hes a good owner by all accounts, but Im just saying hes probaly not going to be filing grievances against another owner over this. Pat fans can still buy tickets through other means, private sellers and SC NE fans can still go. To me this isnt very significant because how many NE fans were really going to fly out to california for the game? Youre not screwing over tens of thousands of fans. I could see this being a issue if the game was in say New York or something like that.

arnt the chargers set to move out of San Diego within a few years? anyways...

i dont think they should be able to do it. the opportunity to go to your teams playoff game should not be taken away by some teams higher ups. the pats do have a ton of bandwagon fans who would love to take away the home field advantage, but they shouldnt do it.

i dout the NFL will do anything in the next few days, but next year i see a new rule banning the practice.

wow, i do not think thats fair... and i think they will be punished somehow for it

AS AN FYI:

Every single team in the NFL has the ability and right to do this practice. It's similar to the front office limiting sales of "popular games" that in order to purchase tickets to these popular games - one must purchase additional tickets to 2 and sometimes 3 other games.

What people are forgetting about the "lock out ticket controversy" is that the front office did not lock out ALL THE TICKETS. The organization had sold out the stadium weeks before and most of the tickets were purchased by the season ticket holders.

HOWEVER - The front office decided to "open up" some of the remaining seats that were "onesies" (single seats) around the stadium that were not bought.

There were a total of 1,000 seats remaining the stadium that the Chargers CONTROLLED. They allowed Ticketmaster to sell these tickets at 10am on Tuesday. AND the stipulations in order to get access to the remaining 1,000 tickets is that you needed to be a Southern California resident.

So as usual - the Boston media is reporting half the story (trust me I know - I lived there for 5 years) in order to make the story "more controversial." Just listen to their sports station (WEEI), they were consistently ragging on the fact that we locked down the stadium but FAIL TO MENTION that only 1,000 tickets (single seats) were available.

Furthermore, I never once paid any attention to the New England media but the fact that they would stoop down as low as to make fun of "Hispanics" in Mexico about hiring one of them to purchase a ticket is downright PITIFUL. I'm all for fun and games and the occasional "jabbing" but to degrade another race, make light of the current border mess we experience down here, and to consistently harp on misguided information is childish.

When you consider the fact that the refs favor NE over any other team in the NFL, then yes, it's extremely fair.

too bad we cant do that with the dolphins...if we did the stadium would never be full

Is this fair and should the league allow it?

Chargers shut out Pats fans

Only Southern Calif. residents to get seats

By Bruce Mohl, Globe Staff | January 10, 2007
The San Diego Chargers are trying to solidify their home-field advantage against the New England Patriots Sunday by restricting the sale of tickets to Southern California residents only.
Several Patriots fans who went looking for game tickets on Ticketmaster were stunned to learn that their money was no good.
"The San Diego Chargers have restricted sales to the Divisional Playoff game to residents of Southern California and the surrounding area only," Ticketmaster warned. "Residency will be based on your credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside of southern California will be canceled without notice."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/01/10/chargers_shut_out_pats_fans/

I don't see a problem with it at all and I think it's fantastic.
Even if they were doing this to the Phins I'd respect them for it.

Agreed, and whiny being the key word.

Once again -- as a reminder -

There were a total of 1,000 tickets remaining that were SINGLE SEAT tickets.
The rest of the stadium was already sold out.

In order to make sure the tickets went to fans (as a reward for living in SoCal) + Home Field - and to also eliminate scalpers from New England/New York from purchasing the tickets - they enacted the zip code policy.

In order to make sure the tickets went to fans (as a reward for living in SoCal) + Home Field - and to also eliminate scalpers from New England/New York from purchasing the tickets - they enacted the zip code policy.

works for me...

good luck this weekend LT...I hope ya put a whoopin' on the pats.

works for me...

good luck this weekend LT...I hope ya put a whoopin' on the pats.

Hey thanks CNC66. It would have been a lot more fun if it was the Fins we were playing against. HOpefully soon enough! We still have a little payback from that whoopin you put on us last year....;-)

One thing Ive come to realize even more is that Fin Fans are VERY realistic of their team and very classy. Now compare that to the stuff we've been receiving on our website from the Pat fans--downright disgusting.

As I've mentioned before, Im all for a little jabbing, smack talk, whatever you want to call it. But to make things "racial" and degrade Hispanics was the straw that broke the camels back for me. Im 100% convinced, I thought New York fans were horrible - but NO - New England fans are far worse.

That is not intended to generalize all of them - but majority - goodness gracious - IT'S A SPORT/ENTERTAINMENT!

You know LT21 nice BS post I quoted above. Tell me, last years Steelers game your team told steelers fans they had to buy game tickets to 3 charger home games to be able to be eligible for a ticket to the Steeler chargers game and you tell us about protection from scalpers? Sounds to me like the real scalpers are your teams FO.
Must be that tactic didn't thrill the league so they came up with a different lockout plan this year. You Kick the boston Media for playing this up yet everything in that article is true and just because the truth rasied a hackle on your head it doesn't make the Globe a bad paper, perhaps you feeling a little guilty for the chargers org being exposed for the frauds they are. First there was last year ticket scam to lock out steelers fans and now a new one this season for the pats fans. Whats next we'll have to have an orange tree planted on our properity for a ticket or prove you live on a fault line?
Sure every team has the ability to use these practices but they don't and because everyone has the right it doen't make it any less slimey. I guess thats something you either don't see or understand from a top your soap box while giving your speech on the state of the NE Media and its fans.

This week the site I frequent most Patriotsplanet has been filled with trash talking low life charger fans some who put down female pats fans who post there with sexual rants and comments that were absolutley classless...tell me about the worse fans in the league again.

I think this is petty and stupid. Suppose you allow ppl from outside soCal to buy tickets. It is not as though the majority of the fans there will not be Chargers fans. No matter what, SD will have the home field advantage.

Back
Top Bottom