Charles Barkley: ‘Nobody cares about the Miami Heat’ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Barkley: ‘Nobody cares about the Miami Heat’

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Foremost, Barkley made it clear he is over the hype.

“Listen, I like Dwyane a lot and I like LeBron a lot,” Barkley said. “They are really starting to get on my last damn nerve. I’ve heard Dwyane say it twice and I’ve heard LeBron say it twice, that America is happy now that the Miami Heat are losing. Dwyane, let me break it to you, you know I love you, but nobody cares about the Miami Heat. The only people who hate the Miami Heat are the Cleveland fans. No one else cares about you.

“We just want you to play better, stop whining, stop sitting at every press conference like someone killed the family pet. It’s annoying. You guys came out there jumping on stage like idiots, said, ‘We are going to win five championships.’ You brought all this stuff on yourself. So don’t get on TV and act like the world owes you anything.

“You guys had your parade, you guys said that. Nobody said, ‘Come on stage and dance around.’ Nobody said, ‘You’re going to win five championships,’ you guys did. So quit whining and bitching like a little girl.”

As for the issue of the Heat closer, Barkley said, “I will make one basketball suggestion. I think the ball should be in Dwyane Wade’s hands when the game gets on the line. He’s a proven closer. It’s his city and it’s his team. I love LeBron and I respect LeBron, but Dwyane Wade has got to be the closer.”

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...arkley-nobody-cares-about-the-miami-heat.html

blah, blah, blah . . . everybody cares about the Heat, or it wouldn't be a big deal to comment on everything Wade and Lebron say. Who is the Heat taking a backseat to in the playoffs? The Lakers? hardly . . . the Spurs? who really cares about that old team . . . the Celtics? doubt it . . . the Knicks, Bulls, Mavs? Nah, the big draw will be Miami . . . and that will be well noted during the playoffs when the Heat are getting all the primetime slots this season. Whether people want to see them win, or people want to see them lose . . . people care the most about Miami.

Chuck deep down wants Lebron to be like him . . . no ring.

I agree w/ pretty much everything except nobody cares aout the Heat, people care. They want to see them lose b/c of Lebron and b/c they acted like they wont he title when they signed those guys. Other than that he nails it.

Fans love it, owners love it, and even Chucky loves it whether he'll admit to it or not. It sure does give him plenty to talk about and we all know how much he loves to listen to the sound of his voice.

I agree w/ pretty much everything except nobody cares aout the Heat, people care. They want to see them lose b/c of Lebron and b/c they acted like they wont he title when they signed those guys. Other than that he nails it.

I agree 100%. They painted a target on their backs by proclaiming and having the champions attitude. Sounds kinda familiar

People care about the Heat. They are the most talked about team in the league.

I hate that this team is covered as much as this b/c I know that at low points in the season they will be crucified and people will be calling for Spo's firing

edit: This article kinda takes what Barkley said outta context. This was on the Lebatard show down here. He's not saying that nobody cares about the Heat. He's saying that nobody hates the Heat in reference to Wade and James comments about the world being happy that they were losing.

He then goes on to say that Wade is more of the Jordan type player which is an aggressive scorer whereas James is a the Magic Johnson tripple/double type player and would rather pass the ball than score. He's absolutely right about them whining though cause I agree with that whole heartedly.

I hate blogs like this. They bait people to read their bull**** writing and do a damn good job by leaving little pieces of quotes out here and there to make it sound even better. I'll post a link to it if anybody really want to listen to it or really cares. Just let me know and I'll post it up on youtube

I agree 100%. They painted a target on their backs by proclaiming and having the champions attitude. Sounds kinda familiar

Sure except the Jets didn't hold a championship celebration in April but I agree that is why the Jets were hated(that and rex's mouth).

[video=youtube;LI6A5zKIiCo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI6A5zKIiCo&feature=player_embedded[/video]
:lol:

blah, blah, blah . . . everybody cares about the Heat, or it wouldn't be a big deal to comment on everything Wade and Lebron say. Who is the Heat taking a backseat to in the playoffs? The Lakers? hardly . . . the Spurs? who really cares about that old team . . . the Celtics? doubt it . . . the Knicks, Bulls, Mavs? Nah, the big draw will be Miami . . . and that will be well noted during the playoffs when the Heat are getting all the primetime slots this season. Whether people want to see them win, or people want to see them lose . . . people care the most about Miami.

Chuck deep down wants Lebron to be like him . . . no ring.

Are you interpreting caring for rooting against? I see them as being different. Wanting them to lose by 100 every night isn't caring about them.

:lol: Charles Barkley is hilarious. Anytime he's talking, I'm listening because you never know who he's going to call out next.

Back
Top Bottom