Charles Harris and Raekwon McMillan or Rueben Foster and Jordan Willis? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Harris and Raekwon McMillan or Rueben Foster and Jordan Willis?

Gase is trying to change the culture here he passed on the potential character risk for high character and positive leadership. So I have no problem with McMillan over Forster. Personally I preferred Willis over Harris but Willis dropped to the 3rd round for some reason. I'm not so sure Harris would've dropped that far if we didn't take him. I guess time will tell on that decision.

well I love Willis but I would never say he is better then Harris. Foster with the injuries/off the field issues like the drug test. McMillan wins that one by a mile

I just love our entire draft. I've never said that in my life.

I want to enjoy this. I don't even want to think about the guys we passed on.

Gase is trying to change the culture here he passed on the potential character risk for high character and positive leadership. So I have no problem with McMillan over Forster. Personally I preferred Willis over Harris but Willis dropped to the 3rd round for some reason. I'm not so sure Harris would've dropped that far if we didn't take him. I guess time will tell on that decision.

i read atlanta would have taken harris in the first round if we hadn't.

Sorry, have to ask since the Dolphins could've had Rueben Foster and Jordan Willis v. Harris and McMillan. Thinking Foster is the most talented of the bunch.

I am not sure about McMillan....however, I really like Harris. I believe he will improve against the run and will play at an
All-pro level for many years.

The draft is a very in-exact science......you have to go with your evaluations and let them playout.

This group has done very well so far.....I believe they will get us where we want to go!!!

Foster has 2 bum shoulders. There is a reason why team after team after team all passed on him and he skidded down to the 31st spot and it's the MEDICAL report from his followup visit to Indianapolis. Like many products from the University of Alabama, Coach Saban squeezed the juice out of him in college, whereas McMillan is fully healthy and is likely to get better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it more telling about a high potential player that he wasn't invited to The Combine - or that of those privileged to be invited, then became one of the few ever to be kicked out?

I was really high on Foster watching him last year, and figured no way in hell he'd fall to us. Then he literally imploded.....at the Combine, the diluted piss test. Mix that with all the injury issues and I wouldn't have touched him with a 10ft pole. And we didn't. He's a great player with a lot of talent, and he hits hard, but there's just too many red flags for me. I think our staff did a great job this draft!

I would stick with the guys we got. I think ther a few things needs to be mentioned when discussing guys with character issues. The first Gase's biggest opsticle last year was over comming a horrible culture Philbin left in the lockeroom. There was no leadership, and guys had quit on each other. It also needs to be mentioned how young this team is, as they were the youngest In the NFL last season. I think this plays a huge part in passing on guys like foster. We just don't have a long history of a solid locker room, so why we will build that culture we need leader and high character guys.

We, as fans don't have information about how well interviews and background checks went. We don't know how their coaches felt about the players or who couldn't answer scheme questions. We aren't privy to who came to meetings late, trashed his hotel room, or who disrespected the receptionist and support staff. I'll give the coach, GM, and scouting department credit for knowing a lot more than we do. If all they had to do to judge fit was to watch games on Saturday afternoon, they wouldn't spend millions of dollars to identify and vet the right players. Some of us have an air of arrogance in our simplistic view of a complex process.

Last edited by a moderator:
We, as fans don't have information about how well interviews and background checks went. We don't know how their coaches felt about the players or who couldn't answer scheme questions. We aren't privy to who came to meetings late, trashed his hotel room, or who disrespected the receptionist and support staff. I'll give the coach, GM, and scouting department credit for knowing a lot more than we do. If all they had to do to judge fit was to watch games on Saturday afternoon, they wouldn't spend millions of dollars to identify and vet the right players. Some of us have an air of arrogance in our simplistic view of a complex process.

You sir, nailed it.

I think the Foster slide was mainly due to the medical vs diluted sample and hospital thing. I would have taken him with no medical but that shoulder thing was concerning especially for a mlber.

Two strikes against Foster: I read he needs surgery for both a labrum and a rotator cuff, and he might not play a down this year. Also, he's a Will; playing him at Sam or Mike would not help the run defense issues.

Imagine taking both Harris and Willis. Too me, you can never have too many pass rushers. PFF had Willis #15 overall and plenty of mocks had him going first round.

Two strikes against Foster: I read he needs surgery for both a labrum and a rotator cuff, and he might not play a down this year. Also, he's a Will; playing him at Sam or Mike would not help the run defense issues.

Imagine taking both Harris and Willis. Too me, you can never have too many pass rushers. PFF had Willis #15 overall and plenty of mocks had him going first round.

If we can't shore up the run D we'll never get teams to 3&5+ to get those pass rushers on the field.

For the OP, I'll take Raekown and whoever else comes with him.

Back
Top Bottom