Charles Harris Rookie Film Review | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Harris Rookie Film Review

I just can't see us taking James with Reshad and TJ already on the roster. I could see a mid round free safety. The kid from wake Forest looks promising

You may be right depends on the plan but if it’s bpa derwin james is gonna be up there. Davenport will be up there too but if your scheme isn’t putting that kid 90 percent in a 2 point you are failing him.

Jets at 6 miss out on qb or get it in free agency Davenport looks juicy

Honest question because I don't know....Why didn't Marcus Davenport dominate more in Conf USA? 8.5 sacks & 17.5 TFL's in 11 games isn't bad (21.5 career sacks) but....he seems like a project. That spells late 1 or high 2 to me. I'm sure he'll get elevated if he runs a 4.6 as players often do but no way I'm using 11.

You may be right depends on the plan but if it’s bpa derwin james is gonna be up there. Davenport will be up there too but if your scheme isn’t putting that kid 90 percent in a 2 point you are failing him.

Jets at 6 miss out on qb or get it in free agency Davenport looks juicy
I'm am all in on Davenport at 11. Fell in love with the kid at senior bowl week. They mentioned during the game that a coach was trying to hype him up on the sideline and he basically told him he didn't need it as he is self motivated.

Colts need to go RB at 3 and buccs can take Chubb at 7, that means Davenport falls to us at 11.

I'd draft Davenport at 11. He's similar to Harris in that he might need a year or two to become fully refined, but when he does, you'll have a dangerous duo at DE.

I guess I’m in the minority because I like VT LB Tremaine Edmonds at 11.

I like Harris, if he continues to put in the work this kid can be damn good.

I guess I’m in the minority because I like VT LB Tremaine Edmonds at 11.

He’s on the list too but I’m not taking any off the los lb in this class over Chubb or derwin james

Unless chubbs got a bong mask video or killed someone he’s not sniffing 11

Last edited:
Trade up for chubb or pass til 2019 draft for the long term pairing with Harris

I’d trade 11 and 43 for chubb especially if Miami is content at lb with what it has. I wouldn’t be but they may

That’s a mike tannenbaum like move. He’s a 3 down left side de plus run defender with 8 to 12 sack potential. He’s top 5 pick worthy

Harris long term projects as wakes right side replacement

Only way I’d probably question that trade up would be if derwin james was there at 11. But I think I’d get over it.

Here's a question, Hoops.

Watching the super bowl, the two teams did a tremendous job of negating the pass rush. Granted, we are talking about Tom Brady and Nick Foles in a great system with Philly.

Still, it makes me wonder if covering is now more important than the pass rush. And I know a strip sack was huge in the win, but it was probably the only positive play the Eagles made on defense in the second half.

You know the NFL is trending, and has been for some time, to a short, dink and dunk pass attack. The quarterbacks are getting rid of the ball so quickly now.

Would love to hear your thoughts. I'm thinking you get a back seven that can tackle with the corner and safety play maybe the most important now in the NFL.

Here's a question, Hoops.

Watching the super bowl, the two teams did a tremendous job of negating the pass rush. Granted, we are talking about Tom Brady and Nick Foles in a great system with Philly.

Still, it makes me wonder if covering is now more important than the pass rush. And I know a strip sack was huge in the win, but it was probably the only positive play the Eagles made on defense in the second half.

You know the NFL is trending, and has been for some time, to a short, dink and dunk pass attack. The quarterbacks are getting rid of the ball so quickly now.

Would love to hear your thoughts. I'm thinking you get a back seven that can tackle with the corner and safety play maybe the most important now in the NFL.

I’m thinking that chubb kid is a better prospect and player than anything the eagles or patriots played on the edge. That looks like out the gate every down 43 de left side difference maker.

He’s more gifted athletically than Derek Barnett but in a reported at least inch plus taller and 15 lbs heavier frame.

This isn’t 259 this is 275.

Derwin james on tape is another exceptional talent but you better have a plan other than just pure strong safety or you are gonna waste his talents.

If Miami can’t fit that in schematically to take full advantage of his reportoire of skills don’t draft him.

Tremaine Edmunds would be higher if he had more box instincts. He’s got a better feel than the Texas kid for the position and he’s the best 19 year old poa lb I’ve seen maybe ever given the size reported 6 foot 4 and 236 although I bet he comes in 6 foot 3 and 240 at the combine but instincts at lb separate the elite from everyone else.

They say he’s gonna run low 4.6s I can buy it and he’s very fluid for his size but without top shelf instincts you are destined to play a tick slower play speed wise than your timed speed. And that’s where for me the reality sets in.

More a consolation prize at 11 than a homerun. But also the top lb in the class in terms of where you have to draft him. Any time you bet on instincts catching up with the rest of a guys game it’s a risky proposition but someone’s gonna see that package skill set and that size fluidity speed and run the card up

Last edited:
I’m thinking that chubb kid is a better prospect and player than anything the eagles or patriots played on the edge.

He’s more gifted athletically than Derek Barnett but in a reported at least inch plus taller and 15 lbs heavier frame.

This isn’t 259 this is 275.

Derwin james on tape is another exceptional talent but you better have a plan other than just pure strong safety or you are gonna waste his talents.

If Miami can’t fit that in schematically to take full advantage of his reportoire of skills don’t draft him.

Tremaine Edmunds would be higher if he had more box instincts. He’s got a better feel than the Texas kid for the position and he’s the best 19 year old poa lb I’ve seen maybe ever given the size reported 6 foot 4 and 236 although I bet he comes in 6 foot 3 and 240 at the combine but instincts at lb separate the elite from everyone else.

They say he’s gonna run low 4.6s I can buy it and he’s very fluid for his size but without top shelf instincts you are destined to play a tick slower play speed wise than your timed speed. And that’s where for me the reality sets in.

More a consolation prize at 11 than a homerun. But also the top lb in the class in terms of where you have to draft him. Any time you bet on instincts catching up with the rest of a guys game it’s a risky proposition but someone’s gonna see that package skill set and that size and run the card up

That's a good point. I do love Chubbs and would be more than happy if the team traded up and snagged him.

Edmunds is interesting with tremendous upside. I don't think he's a finished product yet, but guess you could say that about all the college prospects. James, to me, is the pick right now if Miami stays at #11. I also wouldn't be surprised if the team took a quarterback. Leaping ahead of the NYJ is something I could see happening.

Have you had a chance to see Luke Falk yet? Would love your thoughts.

I thought he came on really well the last few games. At Buffalo he seemed to be putting a lot of pressure on Taylor.

I haven't read many film study reports talking lack of instincts for Edmunds. Quite the opposite actually. Just one example but DJ loves him and likely has watched a lot of film on his top 3 prospect.

Edmunds has a unique blend of size, length and athleticism. He primarily lines up off the line of scrimmage, but does get some work rushing off the edge. Against the run, he is quick to key, fill and finish as a tackler. He has rare lateral range and collects tackles from sideline to sideline. The former Hokie flashes the ability to shoot his hands and play off blocks, but this is one area where he can improve. Against the pass, he easily mirrors running backs and tight ends; there are even examples of him matching up and redirecting vs. slot receivers. He offers tremendous upside as an edge rusher, where he can dip/rip and bend around the edge. Overall, Edmunds has All-Pro ability. His upside is outrageous.

Back
Top Bottom