Chase Allan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Allan

I thought he was ideal for Sam. Will requires a better athlete doesn't it

Hewitt's greatest strength is probably his foot speed. Will is where that is most useful. Sam requires better point of attack stacking and shedding as well as coverage ability against TE's. Both of those things are extreme weaknesses for Hewitt unfortunately. But, if there is any saving grace, Burke has expressed his belief that in this system there is no difference between Sam and Will. If that were true, he would have tried Kiko at both positions, but since Kiko also has weaknesses at stacking and shedding against power blockers, he was never tried there, but rather placed at Will and left there.

Timmons on the other hand is a guy who excels at facing power players and is good at stacking and shedding, which is why he was installed at the Sam. I can't see many scenarios where Hewitt starts that aren't injury disaster scenarios. We've already lost Misi and McMillan, so if Timmons, Kiko or Hull go down, Hewitt will have to play. Regardless, I can't see him playing Mike or Sam ... he seems like a Will only guy to me.

Back
Top Bottom