Check it out... The Other View... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Check it out... The Other View...

Originally posted by FFiB

no deep ball?

I've seen plenty of deep balls....

no accuracy? just two plays for you (of many this season)

In Buffalo: 4th and 15...a laser over the middle for 16

in NE: 3rd and 14: a laser over the middle for 15 yards

Both passes were accurate....

Marino may not have the arm of Marino in his prime but he can throw easily 40-50 yards...

I've seen him OVERTHROW WR which were 40-45 yards downfield...and that where the travesty lies...

fans say: he can't throw the deep ball and show underthrows downfield as evidence....yet when he overhtrows then he is inaccurate...and forgotten is his "noodle arm"...

Most critics of Fiedler jump from one end to another just to make a case. I've heard a poster say that he'll never end up with an 80 rating at the end, that he will never throw for over 3,000 yards, he'll barely have a couple games in the 200 yards for the season, he'll can do a 2 minute drive with the game on the line, you can't rely on him to win a game...

well he has done all that plenty this year...oh..I forgot...he can't throw the outs (another myth he has proven wrong)...

The only wrap anybody has on him are his INTs.

He is still no 5 million dollar/year QB....but heck...look at last year's FAs and I guess that what may be the market is....

To you I will respond w/this, every Qb in the nfl 1st or 3rd string can show signs of a good qb thats why they are there and why we are disscussing them here, but a true NFL starter makes thoose throws on a consistent basis, a 2nd string qb makes so few of them any fan can remember the 5 he had in the course of a 17 game season.

What?

The first td to Chambers against the Colts (The first game)

It was a 25-30 yard pass that he hit Chambers over his shoulder on stride.

Did you see that (non TD) pass to Chambers on the 2nd drive? or the pass to Gadsden in the endzone?

How about the TD to McKnight in the Seattle game?

How about the first TD to Chambers in the Bills game?

He didn't have higher yards per completion that all three AFC probowl QBs for no reason.

The 3 pro bowl qb also had atleast 5 fewer ints than Jay they also were consistent, not Montana 1 week and Leaf the next. Im not saying Jay is all bad, even though it has sounded like that in my last few posts, my point is he had running game(the same running game that is talked about in the beginning of this thread as making Kordell a better qb than he is) last season,and Jay was Mediocre at best. I would actully like to see him back next season, but at no more than 2 mill a year. He is just not that much better than Lucas or Mcknown. The both make less than 1 mill a season. Do you really think our offense is 5 times better w/Jay in the line up, compared to either of them? Not to mention if we pay him 5 mill forget the idea of getting a top o-line FA or Ricky Williams. Anyway we can discuss how good or not good Feidler is till we are teil in the face, but the ball is in Dave's hands now.

If you read my post, I said I don't want him at 5 mil a year.

It was clearly obvious that this years Jay was better than the one the year before. He had a year of experience, and accually had a training camp, unlike the year before. He also wasn't injured throughout the year like he was in 2000.

Fiedler

:confused:

You know maybe I am missing something here, but I can't believe I am hearing this incredible support for Jay Fiedler. Surely, stats can be twisted any way that you want, but did anyone actually watch the games last year.

He otherthrows tons of deep balls, gets brain freeze at critical times and can't operate against a cover 2 (which several teams have learned to employ against him).

That being said, yes I am sure Jay Fiedler is a better quarterback than some of the other qb's out there.

However, that's like saying well we didn't get past the first round of the playoffs, but at least we made them.

It amazes me how people can be so satisfied with mediocrity or a little bit above average.

As for the original article, as much as I hate the Patriots and think they were given the game on Saturday Night, how can you possibly think that Tom Brady is a fraud...Jeez, you want to talk about statistics. He went like 9 for 9 in the fourth quarter in a blizzard.

I also think I read something about Drew Bledsoe being a better runner than Tom Brady...WHAT??????

Drew Bledsoe has escaped a pass rush in his lifetime.

I can't even fathom the thought process here.

Accually last year, Bledsoe's ypc was a semi-decent 3.3. Brady's is 1.2. Bledsoe is a much bigger guy, and better on a sneak. Like I said.

I can't understand why everyone has to slam the guy who carried our team this year, and just made the playoffs. (Sound familiar?)

Fielder is above average. Not a star. Above average. That's all we need. Not for 5 million dollars though.

I just think Lucas and Mcknown could be above average at less than a million. And with the money we could save we could buy a running game.

Amen

Originally posted by dolfan87
Supporting cast is more then just receivers. Even a killer defense is a supporting cast for a QB...see Kordell Stewart.

If Fiedler had a real good O line, along with a RB who could at least grind out the league average 4.0 YPC, he would be much more effective. Any QB would...again, see Kordell Stewart.

Go Phins!!!
that's what I have been saying my whole life - that football is such a team sport that every aspect of the game fits into every other aspect. For example, would Tory Holt really be any better than say Gadsden if he played for the Fins or would we have ever heard of Orlandis Gary if he did not play for a O that knows to run the ball with any RB.

That being said Jay is a mediocre QB, but that is all we can afford. We need the running game, D and ST to win the game and a OC that can work with the O's strength to help out the running game with the short passing (that is why Brady is 9-9 since all the passes were less 10 yards in the air).

Spin

You can spin the Bledsoe - Brady debate however you want, the reality is that they will be letting go of a $100 million quarterback for his understudy...3.3 to 1.2 yards a carry on quarterback runs means less than nothing. How bout how many times Bledsoe has been sacked in the last few years, or the interceptions he has thrown or lack of committment to ever rushing the football...
Can Brady repeat his success, we'll see...But to compare Fiedler with him or Kordell Stewart or probably even Rich Gannon at this point... umm no way.

That being said there is probably nothing better out there, but that also doesn't mean that Miami should just curtail to his demands. I would have to give serious thought to whether he is more than a 2-3 million a year guy.

However, Wannestedt can't afford to startover so what I am afraid of this that he will pay whatever Fiedler wants for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom