Check out this draft board!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Check out this draft board!!

mia4ever

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1)Matt Leinart, QB, USC- Best QB to come out for a while. I pray we get him, but doubt it. Unless we trade up, there isn't even a slight chance we get him. (Official Bio) [1]

2)D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia- I love Damion "Big Mac" McIntosh, but he isn't much of a franchise LT. If we somehow got this guy, I would be thrilled. He has been the top college OT for two years now.(Official Bio) [3]

3)Vince Young, QB, Texas- One of the few cases where I'm wrong is here. I said he wasn't going to end up worthy of a Top 10 pick. I was wayy off. And, although he isn't much of a fit, I'd take him over Ferguson right now. The fact is, he is a good leader, good player, with good talent. He may be a risk, but we need a QB and he can fill that spot. It's a moot point anyway, as we have no shot at ladning this guy, but still. (Official Bio) [2]

4)AJ Hawk, OLB, Ohio St.-This guy was amazing for his junior and senior years. He has a passion for the game similar to that of Zach Thomas, which really draws me to him. He has a hell of a lot of talent and probably the highest floor of anyone in the draft. He also probably has the highest ceiling. he really is one of those tough, smart guys who works hard to be where he is. Don't forget he ran the 40 in 4.46 seconds. Wow! The only knock s that he does occasionally overpursuit due to too much intensity and he might have toruble with blockers. (Official Bio) [4]

5)Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon- Think of him as the fastest NT you'll ever see. He has great moves as well across the line. The one scare is injury issues, but I think he can be fine in the NFL. he has the highest ceiling among DTs in the draft this year IMO. (Official Bio) [5]

6)Reggie Bush, RB, USC- We'd have no place for him, but I'd find a way to work him in if he fell this far. he's too talented to let fall any further. imagine him and Ronnie...This, along with Leinart and Young , is also a moot point. (Official Bio) [6]

7)Jay Cutler, QB, Vandy- I doubt we land this guy as we draft behings four teams (Texans, Saints, Titans, Cardinals, Raiders, and Lions) who may be looking for a QB. However, if we do, he has a great arm, good feet, and a great college season. If he had Young or Leinart's surrondings, I would bet that he also would have been in the Rose Bowl this year. (Official Bio) [7]

8)Jon Scott, OT, Texas- Nice agility for an OT and he is very strong. He has been a four year starter at Texas, and was a consenus All Big 10 first teeam last year. Don't forget a whopping 83 inch wingspan to match his 6-7, 310 pounds, and you got yourself one heck of a tackle. (Official Bio) [8]

9)Michael Huff,CB/S, Texas- Another CB/S, this guy has great size and speed at 6-1, 200 and still running a projected 4.35 40 according to certain sites. Good tacklng ability, but he might be a better fit at CB, unlike many have said. I have loved this guy for a while now (he's only moving up 5 spots since early November here) and he clearly warrants it.(Official Bio) [10]

10)Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa-He reminds me personally of Brian Urlacher a bit. He has the speed of a safety, tackling skills of an OLB, and Urlacher's instincts. He does however, have faults. He isn't too strong and would have trouble with blockers plus he isn't as fast or as good in coverage as Hawk. He does however, make more big plays. Great player, but ahs fallen a bit over the past couple of months. I still like the guy a lot, though.(Greenway Bio (with video highlights)) [14]

11)Mario Williams, DE, NC St.- I know DE isn't a need with JT, Bowens, Holliday, Carter, and Roth, but you can;t pass up this talent. This guy is an all around star at DE, who can rush the passer and stop the run. He compares pretty well to Julius Peppers. But, again, he won't fall to us, and if we trade up, it won't be for him. (Official Bio) [13]

12)Manny Lawson, DE/OLB, NC St.- This guy is one of the most athletic tweeners I've ver seen. 385 pound bench, 11"7 broad jump, and a nearly 38 inch vertical. And he's 6"6, 245 with plenty of speed. Amazing Senior Bowl. (Official Bio) [17]

13)Jimmy Williams, Virginia Tech- The guys a CB who used to play FS. HE can make the big play and shut down WRs. Doesn't seem too fast though, and his missing the Senior Bowl will hurt. Tye Hill could easily pass him soon. (Official Bio) [9]

14)Bobby Carpenter, OLB, Ohio State- I pray that he is our pick on draft day. He is smart, fast, strong, and has DE experience, so would fit perfectly into a 3-4. I can't see Nick passing on this guy for just anyone. I know many rank him as a early second rounder, but I'm not many. I really, really like this guy. (Official Bio) [15]

15)Tye Hill, CB, Clemson- He has amazing instincts, and is extremely fast. He may not be the most physical CB, but he provides the speed to keep up with any reciever and the ball skills to break up any pass. (Official Bio) [19]

16)Eric Winston, OT, Miami-This guy is very agile and has one of the best technique's in all of college football. He could however, use a little bulk, which can be added on with his frame. He has injury concerns after surgery last season. He has fallen, but I can't stress enough hpw good he could be. This guy could be a perennial Pro Bowler in a few years, though, and is another can't miss prospect. (Official Bio) [12]

17)Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland- Another oen of those guys who isn't a need, but may be too good to pass on. He is fast, big, and has good hands. Not much of a blocker, and really should be in mostly as a passing target. Not such a great fit. But he has the potential to be one of the best recieving TEs ever. (Official Bio) [16]

18)Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College- He is very good. Fast, and although he would need to bulk up even to play 4-3 DE, he could be a solid fit at 3-4 OLB. He had a poor Senior Bowl, and he looked less than special against Ferguson. He should do well at the combine though, so he will be moving around for a while. (Official Bio) [11]

19)Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State- I know he got hurt, and that sucks, but he happens to be one of the most talented CBs I've seen in a while. I got a chance to see an old tape the other day, and I loved what I saw. I think he has too much talent to pass, even with the injury. If he can prove he's healthy, he will move up this list more. (Official Bio) [23]

20)Ko Simpson, S, South Carolina- Very talented and is a ballhawk out there. Could move up over the next while, but also could fall. Keep on eye on his status. (Official Bio) [21]

21)Demetrius Williams, WR, Oregon- Many will be shocked to see him here, but you want to know why Clemens succeeded as he did? The answer is right here. This guy reminds me a bit of Chad Johnson with his speed and swagger, but he needs to work on is route running and bulk up a bit. Great upside. He shoudl end up a second round pick, but I feel he will end up the best WR of the bunch. I doubt Saban feels this way, but I'd take him in round 1.(Official Bio) [20]

22)DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama- He is the reason for Alabama's great season, not Croyle. he is a big reason why the team is holding opposing offense to very few points. He also has gerat off-the-field accolades. I can't see him as a 3-4 OLB, though, or for that matter, in a 3-4 period. However, he could bulk up a bit, and he is a Saban-type player (SEC, smart, etc.). He seems slow though, and really didn't show anything other than good instincts and coverage at the Senior Bowl. I doubt he can keep up with any RBs or even TEs in the NFL, and isn't strong enough to get through blocks. He's dropping. (Official Bio) [18]

23)Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State- He has played against some fast receivers in practices (Ginn, Holmes) and supposedly, rarely gets beat. He has faced NFL players such as Braylon Edwards, and held his own. He is very talented and has a lot of upside. I could see him moving up a lot over the next while. (Official Bio) [28]

24)Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan- The guy would make a great NT at 331 pounds and unlike Ngata, has no injury issues. Espescially if we move to the 3-4, he'd be a great guy to have. Horrible work ethic and similar issues cause his slipping in the draft earlier, but he will rise again. Saban, however, may have enough projects at DT. Great senior bowl leads to the rise from 30, and he could keep moving up. (Official Bio) [30]

25)Broderick Bunkley, DE/DT, Florida St.- Would be a perfect 3-4 DE for us, and would give us needed youth at DL. Not a need pick, but a good value, and I could see it happen. Great moves and instincts. (Official Bio) [NR]

26)Max Jean Gilles, OG/OT, Georgia- This guy is one of my favorite players in the draft. Say this is too high, but inetrior OL is our biggest need and he fills it. He would have been the top G last year, but stayed in and is likely a first rounder this year. He isn't a great tackle despite having played there, but he would make a great guard. He reminds me of Shawn Andrews with more potential. He could use a little weight loss though. (Official Bio) [26]

27)Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia- Another great TE prospect has all of the tools to be a star. His size is very intrigiuing and if he shows solid speed, he could be the first TE taken due to his mixture of talents. He also has very good hands. His knocks are having good teammates and being fairly untested as a blocker. (Official Bio) [NR]

28)Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State- Not really a great fit for us, as he's a bit underized for 3-4 DE, and overseized for 3-4 OLB. He has a great motor, and is very athletic, plus has good power and is versatile and coan even cover well, at least for a DE. However, he's not so fast, not so strong, not so big, not so good with his hands, and has a lack of moves. Plus, he doesn't have the frame to add weight without losing serious speed. (Official Bio) [27]

29)Deangelo Williams, RB, Memphis- IF he fell this far somehow, I would take him. Sure, we have the talent, but Ricky can then be traded, and this guy is too talented to let fall. It will never happen in a million years, but draft boards need to be complete. (Official Bio) [31]

30)Darnell Bing, S, USC- He is strong, athletic, and fast, and comes from one of the nation's best safety schools, if not the best. He hits like an LB and covers well, but he has small injury issues. His biggest issue for me is his lack of big plays, even in college, which is something we are sorely lacking. (Official Bio) [NR]

31)Chad Jackson, WR, Florida- Athletic, good hands, and good route running. He has the ability to be a star, but is also a bit raw. He is a good target in the endzone too, which would be a big boost for us. (Official Bio) [NR]

32)Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State- I am yet to buy in to the hype. I see a guy with great quickness, speed, and big play ability. However, his hands, although good, could be improved on, he is not an endzone target, and I can't see him as a sure thing. I don't think he'll be able to get off the line against physical DBs. Watch the game against Penn State to see why. He is not Steve Smith. He could be very good, but he is risky. (Official Bio) [NR]

33)Daryn College, OT, Boise St.- He has the speed to handle blitzes and faster DEs and the power to handles some of the bigger ones. Needs some more bulk, but could be a big steal. One other issue I noticed was the lack of good hand usage at the practices. May not be as good as I had previously thought. Good pick for the value here, but I don't know if he's round 1 worthy anymore. Hand usage CAN be taught though, so for now, he is still round 1 worthy IMO. At least if we picked late, he is. (Official Bio) [24]

34)Winston Justice, OT, USC- He has all of the tools needed to be a star, but with off-the-field isssues compounded with concentration issues, and sometimes looking really poor (penalties, getting beat), plus the fact bthat he has been an RT (although that was Leinart's blind side) makes me worry enough to move him down here. He could move up,, but that remaisn to be seen. (Official Bio) [NR]

35)Mercedes Lewis, TE, UCLA- Imagine having two great targets at TE. Teams have trouble matching up to one good TE. Two makes it even tougher. And, as much as I love McMichael, Lewis is a better blocker, and may be a better receiver. Diamond has looked pretty solid, but I still can't see Saban passing up this talent if he falls. I had him higher, but due to Johnson, Diamond, and Holmes all being solid prospects as backups, I can't see him being the pick unless we trade down and he falls far. (Official Bio) [17]

36)Greg Blue, S, Georgia- Not so impressed with the Bowl game performance, but with his speed and size, he may have the most potential of any S in the draft. If he runs the expected 4.4ish 40, at 220 pounds or so, he could be a first rounder. (Official Bio) [32]

37)Andrew Whitworth, OT, LSU- He is a Saban boy and yoy know how much he loves his boys. I think he would make a pretty good LT in the NFL and has probably been the most consistent OT after Scott and Ferguson. (Official Bio) [29]

38)Abdul Hodge, LB, Iowa- One of the most underrated guys in the draft, he really has no major faults other than having Greenway to help out. He can make big plays, make tackles, handle blockers, and has good speed. Please don't argue just because you see the guy falling far. He has talent. A good amount of it, at that. (Official Bio) [25]

39)Richard Marshall, CB, Fresno St.- Good size and strength, which is uncommon among this draft's top CBs. He also has good speed and the hands to make big plays, but he is lacking great instincts. Either way, he likely will not last to our second round pick and could go late round 1. (Official Bio)

40)Kamerion Wimbley, DE/OLB, Florida St.- Great athlete with great speed and burst, plus is very good at changign directions and in pursuit. He is a perfect 3-4 OLB fit, and although his technique needs some work, as he isn't great at shedding blockers, he could end up a very good fit in the 3-4. Ton of upside, and I expect him to rise up the boards soon, although I have him higher than most currently do. (Official Bio) [NR]

41)Claude Wroten, DE/DT, LSU- The LSU boy would be a good 3-4 DE, and bring us good youth there. This pick would not surprise me at all if he fell to Saban in round 2. Has a good motor, and is very strong and mean, also with great outside quickness for his size. He needsome refining, but can be a very good player. (Official Bio) [NR]

42)LenDale White, RB, USC- Not a need at all, but he is an amazing talent. His 40 might not blow anyone away, but his 235 pounds makes him a tough guy to bring down. If he fell this far, he'd be a major steal. (Official Bio) [NR]

43)Jonathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina- Likely will rise more due to his amazing athleticsm and speed. Good size, great speed and change of direction. He also has good tackling ablitiy. He could easily wind up as the best CB from this group, as he has looked natural in coverage and has good instincts. Needs experience, is very raw, and has small injury concerns, but based on potential alone, he may be the best CB in this draft. (Official Bio) [NR]

44)Brodie Croyle, QB, Alabama- An amazing arm, plus is very smart and patient. Is not as ood of an option as the Top 3, but has a ton of potential, as he also is pretty accurate. The biggest issues, which are big, are durability concerns due to past injuries and a small build, and footwork-he seems immobile at times in the pocket. If he can prove durable, bulk up a bit, and improve his footwork, he can definitely be a starting QB in the NFL, and a good one at that. (Official Bio) [NR]

45)Thomas Howard, OLB, UTEP- Amazing physical specimen. 4.45-ish speed, and superb coverage skills (proabably the best of LBs in the draft) to go along with 240 pounds and is a big hitter. he is also a great pass rusher, and perhaps Saban could turn him into a 3-4 OLB. Not a great fit, but a great talent nonetheless, so will have to be considered, and he doesn't have the great instincts or smarts that Saban usualy looks for. Also not a great 3-4 fit as he has trouble with blockers and isn't too strong. (Official Bio) [NR]

46)Kelly Jennings, CB, Miami- Great cover corner with great speed and athleticsm, and has very good instincts, plus he has solid hands and ball skills to make the interception. He also changes direction well, and can recover well. He is a liability against the run, and isn't going to compete well with stronger recievers, but is a good talent. (Official Bio) [NR]

47)Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami- Amazing hands pushed this guy up a lot during the Senior Bowl. Very explosive and has great quickness and speed. He also runs routes well. Deals surprisingly well with the bump at the line of scrimmage and although he may not be big enough to catch a ball along the middle of the field, he should be able to deal with the NFL's physicality well enough. However, it could be that his lack of size will force him to be no more than a slot WR in the NFL. (Official Bio) [NR]

48)Charles Spencer, OG, Pittsburgh- A mauler at OG, and moves amazingly well for his size. When he is at his best, he can be domninant, letting nobody by him, and he works very hard. He needs to develop a bit, but is a great prospect at OG. (Official Bio) [NR]

49)Martin Nance, WR, Miami(OH)- Might not have good speed, but has the best ball skills of any reciever in the draft. Great at making tough catches in tight areas and is strong. His workouts will be key, as he will need to run a 4.5 or so, but if he can, then he would be a great pick here. (Official Bio) [NR]

50)Daniel Bullocks, S, Nebraska- Imnproved his stock a lot at the Senior Bowl, and showed great ability to make the big play, somethign we were sorely lacking this season. He has good instincts, size, and tackling ability, but he has his share of negatives too-just average speed, not good in man coverage, can't recover or change directions well, and also isn't a hard hitter. Just solid, with a knack for making some big plays. (Official Bio) [NR]

by jj333:dolphins:
not bad

Pocoloco said:
how in the world is Eric Winston #16, and Winston Justice #34??!!
That and Jon Scott at 8 are the 2 biggest questions i have. Other than that I think its very well done.

Winston at 16 is weird cause there's a lot of concern that hes too much like a large TE. Justice @ 34 is just befuddling :confused:

I love the Ko Simpson review his draft stock could go up or it could go down! :sidelol:

I think I could do that! :sidelol:

Fairly good board.

It was a good read and summary most of all, a few things out of place in my own opinion but everyone has their views.

Skeet84 said:
I love the Ko Simpson review his draft stock could go up or it could go down! :sidelol:

I think I could do that! :sidelol:

It's the equivalent of saying the Nasdaq can crash tommorow or might not...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom