Chiefs & Dolphins have had talks regarding Branden Albert | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs & Dolphins have had talks regarding Branden Albert

He has back problems, which absolutely count as an injury concern considering those never go away and tend to only get worse. Look, if it didn't cost picks and what will likely be a large salary, I'd be all for bringing in Albert. He's nowhere near worth what it will likely cost however. A 5th or 6th rounder and $6-7 mil/year? Maybe, but we better be drafting WRs and TEs, because we're going to be a heavy passing team with Albert.

come on man a 5th or 6th rounder??? you call up kc with that and they'd laugh at you til they fell out the chair...for real...not trying to be a jerk here but you guys got to get some better understanding of trade value and compensation...it's one extreme or the other here...a 3rd round pick for davon bess...yeah no that would never happen...but not as bad as a 6th rounder for a high end left tackle in his prime coming off being tagged...never

and what's with these back issues...albert suited up in 15 games to my knowledge in 2012...his back isn't as documented a risk as sebastian vollmers has been i know that much...

if you don't want to trade for the guy i get it...i don't want to lose comp if i don't have to either but let's at least get in the ballpark on the compensation gonzo...why would kc EVER trade a tagged player in his prime for a 5th or 6th rounder when they can make him play out 2013 if they want since he signed his tag and let him walk ane get a 3rd rounder as a compensatory pick??? makes no sense...

come on man a 5th or 6th rounder??? you call up kc with that and they'd laugh at you til they fell out the chair...for real...not trying to be a jerk here but you guys got to get some better understanding of trade value and compensation...it's one extreme or the other here...a 3rd round pick for davon bess...yeah no that would never happen...but not as bad as a 6th rounder for a high end left tackle in his prime coming off being tagged...never

and what's with these back issues...albert suited up in 15 games to my knowledge in 2012...his back isn't as documented a risk as sebastian vollmers has been i know that much...

if you don't want to trade for the guy i get it...i don't want to lose comp if i don't have to either but let's at least get in the ballpark on the compensation gonzo...why would kc EVER trade a tagged player in his prime for a 5th or 6th rounder when they can make him play out 2013 if they want since he signed his tag and let him walk ane get a 3rd rounder as a compensatory pick??? makes no sense...

Which is the point. Their offer of a 2nd rounder for him makes me and Gonzo and some of the other posters in this thread laugh no less hard.

Which is the point. Their offer of a 2nd rounder for him makes me and Gonzo and some of the other posters in this thread laugh no less hard.

so what do you think is his value in trade around the league???

so what do you think is his value in trade around the league???

Given they're shopping him around with as much discretion as a whore in a red light district, I'd say not very much. Didn't somebody report the other day that we're the only team even interested in trading for him?

Sign Winston. Then head to the draft.
Round 1: trade#12 pick, one of our 2b pick and 2014 4th round. Move up grab Milliner.
Then trade 2a, 3b and this years and 5th round pick and move back into the 1st and grab Rhodes .
( the best two corners in the draft)
Round 3: best DE available with 3a pick.

Given they're shopping him around with as much discretion as a whore in a red light district, I'd say not very much. Didn't somebody report the other day that we're the only team even interested in trading for him?

you're not getting off that easy...give me a trade comp that you feel is fair??? you're a football guy...let's hear it

you're not getting off that easy...give me a trade comp that you feel is fair??? you're a football guy...let's hear it

There is no "fair". Nobody is willing to even talk trade with the Chiefs because they're asking too much. That should tell you what the league thinks is fair.

What I'm personally willing to give is impossible to say. If I felt compelled to upgrade my LT position at $7 million per (which as a rule I'm not enthusiastic to do, at all) I would have just signed Jermon Bushrod. If I were running the Dolphins right now I'd be like Gonzo and tell them to go jump in the lake for anything more than a fourth or fifth (which is the same thing). Then I'd go sign Eric Winston and order a pizza. I'm not ****ing around with this kind of deal period, honestly.

Lost in all of this is that Albert is really not even that good. It'd be one thing if he was Jason Peters or something but he's not. Not only that but he's had his own injury problems.

I would also be curious to your assessment... as I have heard on here and other sites that they are asking for multiple picks...

There is no "fair". Nobody is willing to even talk trade with the Chiefs because they're asking too much. That should tell you what the league thinks is fair.

What I'm personally willing to give is impossible to say. If I felt compelled to upgrade my LT position at $7 million per (which as a rule I'm not enthusiastic to do, at all) I would have just signed Jermon Bushrod. If I were running the Dolphins right now I'd be like Gonzo and tell them to go jump in the lake for anything more than a fourth or fifth (which is the same thing). Then I'd go sign Eric Winston and order a pizza. I'm not ****ing around with this kind of deal period, honestly.

Lost in all of this is that Albert is really not even that good. It'd be one thing if he was Jason Peters or something but he's not. Not only that but he's had his own injury problems.

come on man that's a junk answer...ok so you're not interested period...i get the bushrod thing though kinda makes me wonder why we didn't look into that when he was free also...surprised to be honest...

and if we sign winston i hope you don't choke on your pizza when you watch him...that would be my concern...it won't be long with that guy...

I agree. Just sign Winston. Roll with Martin ,and see what he can do in his 2nd year at his natural position. Not only would we have to give up picks but the money the fins would have to dish out makes no sense. In that case, we should have just saved the picks and resigned long.

I would also be curious to your assessment... as I have heard on here and other sites that they are asking for multiple picks...

well the other day i said that i was hearing kc wanted a 2nd rounder and a mid round conditional pick...a 4th rounder is what i was hearing...but i also heard teams who inquired have not liked the price...i heard 3 teams actually inquired but i didn't get who...i'm sure we were one...

but yeah kc is holding out at this point...price may come down as we get closer to the draft...i've also heard that the only reason he's on the market is cause he has salary demands that kc feels are too high...

so obviously that is something to worry about if he is traded for...just how ballooned a contract are we talking about here...cause they won't trade for him without an extension worked out...

come on man that's a junk answer...ok so you're not interested period...i get the bushrod thing though kinda makes me wonder why we didn't look into that when he was free also...surprised to be honest...

and if we sign winston i hope you don't choke on your pizza when you watch him...that would be my concern...it won't be long with that guy...

Junk answer my ass. Show me the team besides us that's interested in even talking trade for him. You won't find one. They screwed up giving him the franchise tag and have to be kicking themselves they found someone out there dumb enough to even keep talking to them seriously about this.

And as for Eric Winston the guy hasn't missed a game for six years. Meanwhile the guy we should trade picks for and give big money to has missed six games in the last three? WTF?

I'll tell you why we didn't sign Bushrod. It's because we thought we were going to get Long back, is why. They held out hope until the last second. So then he (rightly, for him) told us to **** off so now we're left holding the ****bag trying to talk ourselves into trading a 3rd for Brandon Albert and give him the same money Chicago played to an equivalent player in Bushrod.

They ****ed up, plain and simple. Put all their eggs in one broken basket. I don't have to sit here and hope they compound their mistake and **** up some more just because I'm that worried about Ryan Tannehill ending up a broke dick dog. As I said in the other thread, Andrew Luck made it through his rookie year with Anthony Castonzo and Winston Justice as his tackles. Last I checked he's not dead.

Junk answer my ass. Show me the team besides us that's interested in even talking trade for him. You won't find one. They screwed up giving him the franchise tag and have to be kicking themselves they found someone out there dumb enough to even keep talking to them seriously about this.

And as for Eric Winston the guy hasn't missed a game for six years. Meanwhile the guy we should trade picks for and give big money to has missed six games in the last three? WTF?

I'll tell you why we didn't sign Bushrod. It's because we thought we were going to get Long back, is why. They held out hope until the last second. So then he (rightly, for him) told us to **** off so now we're left holding the ****bag trying to talk ourselves into trading a 3rd for Brandon Albert and give him the same money Chicago played to an equivalent player in Bushrod.

They ****ed up, plain and simple. Put all their eggs in one broken basket. I don't have to sit here and hope they compound their mistake and **** up some more just because I'm that worried about Ryan Tannehill ending up a broke dick dog. As I said in the other thread, Andrew Luck made it through his rookie year with Anthony Castonzo and Winston Justice as his tackles. Last I checked he's not dead.

ha ha...lit a fire i see...makes sense that they may have been waiting on jake long...definitely does...we'll disagree that had kc not given albert the tag he wouldn't have gotten damn good tackle money as a free agent...in the $8 mil range at least i'd say...and likely on day 1 of free agency...probably from us to be honest ha ha...don't think they screwed up at all with that tag...

what's with the potty mouth??? i can't speak for you but i usually start rolling out the bombs when i'm inebriated...

ha ha...lit a fire i see...makes sense that they may have been waiting on jake long...definitely does...we'll disagree that had kc not given albert the tag he wouldn't have gotten damn good tackle money as a free agent...in the $8 mil range at least i'd say...and likely on day 1 of free agency...probably from us to be honest ha ha...don't think they screwed up at all with that tag...

what's with the potty mouth??? i can't speak for you but i usually start rolling out the bombs when i'm inebriated...

I curse constantly. Inebriated, sober, when I'm sleeping. All the time. But this kind of misapplication of resources is the kind of thing that really sets me off. The smart teams in the league are ahead of the game, anticipating trends and moving while there's still value in the scheme or the type of player who's becoming valuable but hasn't yet (like the Patriots and their tight ends). Why do we have to be the team that's the last one to get it's head out of it's ass on this kind of stuff? Most of the league has wised up and moved on yet there we are on the phone just waiting to get teabagged by Andy Reid... again.

The Chiefs are going to be kicking themselves if for whatever reason we don't belly up to the bar for Albert and they're left paying him franchise tag money to play right tackle (which he's come out publicly to say he doesn't want to do -- classy) or having your #1 overall pick offensive lineman line up on the right side for one year because goodness knows guys taken that high to play tackle usually do that. They'll look like idiots.

Or maybe they won't take an offensive lineman that high and will just settle for paying the guy what he wants to be injured and not that good. You never know. All I know is I want it to be their problem, not ours.

I think the results of our over-investment in the O-line with piss poor results warrants a little venom. There have been several perennial winning teams and SB winners that have done so without half the high picks and money we've dumped into it. On it's face it appeared to me we finally have made the commitment to pay for a legit playmaker made many of us thing Ireland may have finally got his head out of ass and join the NFL of the current century. Now we are rumored to be going right back to what drove us into the abyss of mediocrity.

A high pick and a big contract for a tackle. No thanks. I want another speed WR and TE and open things up and find a competent guy to handle tackle. Winston for a year or two and draft a OL in the 3rd or 4th, this year...every year for that matter until you find guys that can gel as a group.

Back
Top Bottom