Chiefs moving location? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs moving location?

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Chiefs | Threatening to Move Team? - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 21 May 2005 10:18:04 -0700

Jeffrey Spivak and Benita Y. Williams, of the Kansas City Star, report the Kansas City Chiefs' new chairman, Clark Hunt, recently told a group of legislators and local leaders that the Chiefs and/or Kansas City Royals of Major League Baseball could potentially leave Kansas City if Jackson County defaulted on its leases with the teams and the Truman Sports Complex didn't get a major face-lift soon. The issue over stadium improvements has county and sports officials meeting with the teams to plan a Jackson County tax election sometime this year, possibly in August or November. Time is running out on the legal tie that binds both the Royals and the Chiefs to Kansas City and Jackson County has put off so many maintenance projects, citing lack of funds that it is in danger of defaulting on those leases by the end of next year, which would allow the teams to move.

The Chiefs belong in Arrowhead... they have one of the biggest loudest stadiums in the NFL. It would be a horrible idea if they moved, I really don't see it happening.

Looks like almost every team is getting the moving bug:

Bills Daily reports Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson told the Sports Business Journal that he can't guarantee the Bills will stay in Buffalo when his lifetime has passed. He did say the team will be in Buffalo as long as he's around. He re-iterated that his family does not want to own the team when he is gone. His estate cannot put stipulations on the sale of the team, which means Wilson or his estate cannot force a buyer to keep the team in Buffalo.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

For the Chiefs...I really don't care about them, it wouldn't bother me or excited me.

For the Bills however...they have to stay! I won't be able to go to my yearly Dolphins game if they move. That would really suck...I really hope not.

CanadianPhinFan said:
For the Chiefs...I really don't care about them, it wouldn't bother me or excited me.

For the Bills however...they have to stay! I won't be able to go to my yearly Dolphins game if they move. That would really suck...I really hope not.

I have to say.. i'd lmao at the Bills fans if they got their team moved out of Buffalo. :D

I really dont see the chiefs leaving they have alot of loyal fans and there would have to be someone to put up money for them. What citys would be contending for the chiefs im thinking L.A.

KuD said:
I have to say.. i'd lmao at the Bills fans if they got their team moved out of Buffalo. :D

Back
Top Bottom