Chip Kelly to the Bucco's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chip Kelly to the Bucco's

This would be a shock...I wonder if he can have the same success that Harbaugh is having..

What's going to be interesting is to see who he hires to run the offense and what type of system Kelly runs. His scheme and philosophy on offense is one of the most innovative to come along this decade.

However, the type of personnel you have to run in the NFL will prevent him from being able to run the offense he ran at Oregon in the NFL. It's a zone read system with a lot of deception built in to it. That features quick, undersized scatbacks.... and they like to leave a DT unblocked. You can't leave many DT's in the NFL unblocked and experience success.

Also, two NFL mandates will prevent Chip Kelly from running his system in the NFL: 1.) Never risk injury to your millionaire quarterback. 2.) Be as bland as possible.

It'll be interesting for me personally to see if he runs an offshoot of his system in the NFL, and what types of adjustments he makes to it. Or if he decides to adhere to the bland, little innovation as possible style offenses that the NFL runs.

I think Dan Mullen would be a good candidate for the Oregon job if Peterson doesn't want to leave Boise.

A bunch of sources are saying that Chip decided to stay in Oregon..Makes plenty sense to me..Unlike Harbaugh I don't see how he would have been able to run the same offense in TB that he runs in Oregon. I think he would have failed and been out on his butt sooner rather than later..He has a good thing going in Oregon, he needs to keep building and maybe win a title.

Back
Top Bottom