Chris Carter Out Against JETS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Carter Out Against JETS

could we help the jits out anymore? and where in the hell is everybody's name?

ESPN.com news services

Dolphins wide receiver Cris Carter was hospitalized Saturday with what has been initially diagnosed as a kidney abnormality, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported. Carter will not play in Sunday night's game against the Jets and is out indefinitely.

Carter

Carter was admitted to a Miami-area hospital and will undergo tests the next few days. Doctors won't know the cause of Carter's symptoms until the tests are complete.

Carter, who ended his retirement and joined the Dolphins a couple weeks ago, has missed practice the last four days with what the team called an upset stomach.

The Dolphins lured Carter out of the broadcast studio and out of retirement in late October thanks to some arm-twisting by one of their biggest fans: Dan Marino.

The former quarterback persuaded HBO colleague Carter to put his TV career on hold and join the Dolphins to bolster their injury-plagued receiving corps.

Carter, who ranks second to Jerry Rice in career receptions and touchdown catches, signed a one-year contract.

When the Dolphins first contacted Carter, he was reluctant to return. Marino swayed him.

"Marino's crazy,'' Carter, who turns 37 next month, said at the time of his signing. "I had squashed the whole idea -- 'I'm not going to do it'. Danny and I were getting ready to go into the studio, and I tell him, and he just goes ballistic -- 'You've got to do it. You can still play. It's a great situation for you.' ''

The Dolphins tried to reach a deal with Carter when he was a free agent last spring. Negotiations stalled, so he retired and went to work for HBO's "Inside the NFL.''

Vikings receiver Randy Moss applauded his ex-teammate's return to the league.

"I love it!'' Moss said. "And I think a lot of football teams he's been making comments about will love it, too.''

I sure hope it's not too serious.

I still love that Vinnie-Richard Simmons morph.lol.

Originally posted by eckerdguy
if it is something bad with his kidney then we wasted are time persuing carter becuase if it is serious he will be done for the year. This sucks so bad, we should of tried and got someone a little younger, willie jackson, I think thats his name was just signed by the redskins around the same time we went for carter maybe we should of went after jackson. O well nothing we can do now, hopefully dedric will play better this time around if he is the one that starts

Wasted time?? How in the hell were we supposed to know that he was going to come down with a kidney ailment?? Carter was by far the best WR available. And he's always been durable. Stuff like this you just can't forsee. Everyone's an expert after the fact.

Willie Jackson was available prior to the Fins signing Carter. ATL released him and then he signed with the Redskins.

I'm surprised the kidney problem wasn't diagnosed during the physical

Muck, I don't think he's blaming anybody for the "wasted time" except for fate for sticking it to us yet again... fate is a real ***** and she deserves every nasty word she gets.

Yeah, it was wasted time, but like you said, there was no way the front office could know that ahead of time.

From what I'm understanding, his kidney's didn't start malfunctioning until late last week/early this week.

Originally posted by Barbarian
Muck, I don't think he's blaming anybody for the "wasted time" except for fate for sticking it to us yet again... fate is a real ***** and she deserves every nasty word she gets.

Yeah, it was wasted time, but like you said, there was no way the front office could know that ahead of time.

Oh ok.

This will probably be a setback...he was sort of out of shape and he said he needed 3 to 4 weeks to be at his comfrotable football shape...now depending on how long hes out he will probably have to start all over....lets hope its not season ending.

If you read what they said in the report, you'll understand that its from a sports point of view. Actually, I asked a RN (nurse) and she basically translated that to something like his kidneys locked up on him due to the change in weather and his failure to hydrate himself properly, plus not being used to Miami's heat and then playing up in cold GB. His system just got shocked, but he should be ok. I'm sure there's a lot more to it, but thats what I got out of the explaination.

I think people are making a bigger deal out of this than what it really is. He will be back in 2 weeks I would think. When Jay is "supposed" to be back.

Back
Top Bottom