Chris Chambers interview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Chambers interview

It's kind of different being out here -- our stadium isn't filled week to week when we have our home games, but when you go into the city or South Beach, fans just seem to worship the Dolphins. It's the No. 1 sports team out here. So you can't tell who's a real fan and who's not a real fan.
intersting comment...

Wtf...they stole that Chambers picture from ME!

This is really the first Chambers interview I can remember. He sounds like a relatively intelligent dude. He said just the right thing about Jay-AJ, and he gave Lee Evans exactly the sort of endorsement that I would want from a former teammate if I were in Evans' shoes.

Chambers: I think my biggest goal is always the same. Last year I didn't set any goals per se, I just wanted to be better than I was the year before. That's the biggest thing I try to do. So all of my goals are based on last year. I had 11 touchdowns last year, so now I want to have more touchdowns. I didn't get to 1,000 yards last year, so now I want to surpass that plateau and get it out of the way. And I'm not real big on catches. I don't feel I need a lot of catches to score, and that's good since I won't get 100 catches. But hopefully I can get around 80 catches and that would mean I would fare well.

Sounds like Chambers wants to step it up alot more then last year.
Its awesome to hear them say that great feeling for fans

I don't think Chambers wants Miami to draft Evans tho. Thats what it sounded like to me.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I don't think Chambers wants Miami to draft Evans tho. Thats what it sounded like to me.

I would agree, but I think it is for somewhat selfish reasons. I can't blame Chambers for feeling this way, but I think he would be concerned that the balls would need to get spread around even more than they will be now with Boston if the team took at WR at #20. I imagine his answer would probably be the same for Fitzgerald or anybody else...

Oh, the fact that the rookie and Boston would be under contract for 2005 and Chambers would not would probably also be on his mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he feels offensive line is more important. I can't imagine him not having an opinion of what the team should do.

I dont know if he was trying to say we should concentrate elsewhere in the draft I think he was just concerned about having too many high profile guys at WR and not wanting a friend of his step into a bad situation like that. It would put Chambers and Evans at odds with each other because Chambers is currently vying for the longterm deal...and getting a longterm deal in combo with Boston's contract makes things awkward on everyone

Back
Top Bottom