Chris Chambers or Randy Moss? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Chambers or Randy Moss?

Steve Mo

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would rather have Chris Chambers on the Dolphins than Randy Moss because Randy has an attituide :yell: ( (Spelling?) and it effects the team. Chris Chambers always comes to play unlike Moss.
What do you think?

Originally posted by ChrisChambers84
I would rather have Chris Chambers on the Dolphins than Randy Moss because Randy has an attituide :yell: ( (Spelling?) and it effects the team. Chris Chambers always comes to play unlike Moss.
What do you think?

Moss might be the most physically gifted WR in the history of the NFL, but his attitude is a turn-off.

I think I would take Chambers too, and hope his ankles stay healthy.

The crew on NFL2Night on ESPN last night were referring to Chambers as a Pro-Bowl receiver - this year.

Chambers. I'm already emotionally attached.

Speaking of ankles, Randy just tweaked his the other day.

Until Chris Chambers manages to catch for over 1200 yards, I'll take Randy Moss any day of the week. He has attitude problems I'm sure but nothing that the right coach couldn't handle. I don't care what you think about him taking games off or whatever, the bottom line is he produces what no other WR in this league can produce. Lets try and put things into perspective here, Chambers had a good rookie year, but even a turmoil-filled 2001 for Randy Moss was like twice as good as Chambers incredible rookie year. I'd imagine that we're so incredibly WR starved here in Miami since the marks brothers days, that we see something good and automatically think to ourselves "one of the best in the league"

Take OJ McDuffie. I love OJ, but his best season netted us just over 1000 yards with 90 catches or so. Not exactly on a par with guys like Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, David Boston, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, Jimmy Smith, or Keyshawn Johnson. Yet Miami media always refers to him as being one of the best WRs in the game when he was healthy, and stuff like that. Some perspective please...

Before I go taking Chris Chambers over perhaps the best WR ever to play the game, just because of attitude, I'm gonna want to see some REAL production out of Chris.

We'll get to see them go head-to-head on December 21st in Minnesota.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Until Chris Chambers manages to catch for over 1200 yards, I'll take Randy Moss any day of the week. He has attitude problems I'm sure but nothing that the right coach couldn't handle. I don't care what you think about him taking games off or whatever, the bottom line is he produces what no other WR in this league can produce. Lets try and put things into perspective here, Chambers had a good rookie year, but even a turmoil-filled 2001 for Randy Moss was like twice as good as Chambers incredible rookie year. I'd imagine that we're so incredibly WR starved here in Miami since the marks brothers days, that we see something good and automatically think to ourselves "one of the best in the league"

Take OJ McDuffie. I love OJ, but his best season netted us just over 1000 yards with 90 catches or so. Not exactly on a par with guys like Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, David Boston, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, Jimmy Smith, or Keyshawn Johnson. Yet Miami media always refers to him as being one of the best WRs in the game when he was healthy, and stuff like that. Some perspective please...

Before I go taking Chris Chambers over perhaps the best WR ever to play the game, just because of attitude, I'm gonna want to see some REAL production out of Chris.

I agree on Moss but not on O.J.He was starting to rise ot that next level with that 90 cath season but he had some bad luck with that toe injury the followign year.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

I would call catching 48 passes for 883 yards and seven TDs and averaging a league high 18.4 YPC, while starting SEVEN games "REAL" production.

Interesting matchups for Randy Moss:

Week 2 - BUFFALO (Clements and Winfield)
Week 4 - at SEATTLE (Shawn Springs and Ken Lucas)
Week 7 - at NY JETS (just because it's the Jets. lol)
Week 9 - at TAMPA BAY (just because it's the Bucs)
Week 11 - GREEN BAY (solid secondary)
Week 12 - at NEW ENGLAND (solid, big hitting secondary)
Week 14 - at GREEN BAY
Week 16 - MIAMI (our boys)

O.J. McDuffie WAS one of the best. But understand he was a POSSESSION reciever. Unfortunately he never had a deep threat on the opposite side to command a double-team or take any sort of pressure off. Not to mention a running game.

Attidude + Work Ethic = CC anyday.... duh

Raw talent experienced so far = Sorry, but I have to say Randy.

CC has the possibility of being better than Moss this year.... yes...... BETTER. Work and Attidude always help, and with chamba's raw talant and his W+A, he will be relaxing in honolulu next Feb. He is the real deal.
And CK, what you said about us thinking he is a great prospect just because we had the marks brothers and nothing since then is stupid..... I think that all of us watch other games around the league and get to see other wide receivers and can compare them to chambers. All of the stuff you here from us about him arent us just talking from our asses, we have compared him to other greats that we have seen in the NFL's history.... at least i have....

I agree that Moss has done things CC only dreams about right now. But, CC has the ability to be just as good, or slightly below Moss.

With that said, I'll take CC due to him being a team player, trying hard all the time, not being a distraction, and making far less money.

We'd have to cut a bunch of players to get Moss under cap. When asked if he'd stay with the Vikes he replied. "If they've got enough money, I'll stay." "If they don't, I won't"

Spoken like a true jackass, and a player who will kill your team in a variety of ways every time.

wr's.............

moss. dudes play is sick. his off days are better than 99.9% of everyone elses good days.

chambers is going to be great, baring injury. he still also has a lot of proving to do. so far he is a one year wonder.

he looked great in the scrimage. looks like no softmore slump. but, thats why they play the games folks.........

c.c. gets a couple of 1300 yd seasons under his belt and i will be leaning the other way.

DAMN IT!! we could have had both if jj stays in the first round. i am a big supporter of jimmy johnson but i am very bitter over him not taking randy moss. moss and chambers would have been sweet!!

:monkey: on john avery!!

Originally posted by Muck
Interesting matchups for Randy Moss:

Week 2 - BUFFALO (Clements and Winfield)
Week 4 - at SEATTLE (Shawn Springs and Ken Lucas)
Week 7 - at NY JETS (just because it's the Jets. lol)
Week 9 - at TAMPA BAY (just because it's the Bucs)
Week 11 - GREEN BAY (solid secondary)
Week 12 - at NEW ENGLAND (solid, big hitting secondary)
Week 14 - at GREEN BAY
Week 16 - MIAMI (our boys)

Moss is gonna help some fantasy owners during week 7. lol:)

DAMN IT!! we could have had both if jj stays in the first round. i am a big supporter of jimmy johnson but i am very bitter over him not taking randy moss. moss and chambers would have been sweet!!

That might not have happened anyway. I read an interview with JJ in which he stated that had he not traded down, he would have selected Vonnie Holliday.

and I remember seeing Avery listed as a sleeper by Dr. Z. Oh well, can't win em all.

Back
Top Bottom